Chapter 1

"...We will never bend down to your society! The rebellion will remain and we will fight for our freedom!"

He scoffed at my retaliation, spitting to the side of the cold concrete. Emmett stood with clenched fists and a tightened jaw. Jason tried to speak up but was unable to, the look on his face showed all the thoughts running through his mind at this moment.

'Got any ideas on how to get outta here Jase?' I told him without saying a word and looking at his eyes. Nothing. His mind was too preoccupied to hear my voice within all the others in that brain of his. My only hope was Emmett and even then, he's too angry to pay any attention to anything except for those large men in front.

Emmett was always a hot head and an uncontrollable person with anger issues. But he's a good guy when he keeps his cool. Although, this isn't one of those times.

Embers started emitting from his hands, a glint of fire in his eyes. If something bad were to happen-

"Oi, are any of you listening? What's with that dumb look on his face?"

I turn to what the man was looking at and Jason was still spaced out. Even a little bit of drool was dripping from his mouth.

A splash of cold water suddenly appeared out of nowhere which brought back Jason to mother earth. The sound of a cup then hits the ground catching all of our attention, the officer wiped his wet hand and faced us.

"Good. Now that I have all your attention, we will say this one last time. The capital will not tolerate this attitude of yours and this is the last time we will allow you to stand down. Or else face the consequences"

Emmett's fuse was running short, he was close to lashing out. Having that water splash on Jason caused his heat to rise which isn't good. The last time this happened, we had to find another place to hide out.

'Would be a really bad time to set loose, don't you think Emmett?' he released a growl and tried to settle down. He looked at me and glanced back to Jason, he was daydreaming again.

*Ahem*

"Don't you think it's rude to not pay attention to your elders? We are not going to repeat ourselves".

"Don't you think we already heard you the first time, dumba**?"

I already knew this was not going to end well...

"Is that a way to talk to your elders?!"

He scoffs "Pfft so you're callin yourself old then huh? Old geezer...sounds pretty fitting if you ask me".

"What did you say to me boy?!"

The atmosphere around here has growing heavy and hot...

"You going deaf too old man?! And besides, why would you have the rights to call yourself the elders?! The elders vanished hundreds of years ago! You have no f***ing right! So just piss off and leave us alone!" Emmett drew a line of flames between us and the armored men.

He grabbed my hand harshly and did the same to Jason.

We ran and ran without looking back..

Not yet...not now...