Chapter 2

Hey... haha.
I know I know, it's been 3 years since I posted chapter one and I promise I'm sorry!! But I'm also not dead so yay an update! I fell out of the fandom and was uninterested in Fairy Tail for a long time and ended up getting into other fandoms but I've really wanted to come back to this one and continue what I left unfinished. I'm slowly working my way back up and getting caught up once again.

But anyways, I hope you enjoy the update and hopefully there will be more to come!

As always; thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.

The Grand Magic Games. Lucy thought it sounded quite interesting. Romeo had said it was a grand tournament to test all of the guilds. But years ago, a guild called Sabertooth had taken the number one spot because of the Games, and now Fairy Tail was at the bottom.

When Makarov announced the team, she was shocked. "Why not Gajeel or Laxus? They're way stronger!" She internally cringed at the thought of Laxus. She really wanted to like the guy, but she just couldn't bring herself to befriend him. She knew that if he at least apologized she'd give him a chance. But in all the time she knew Laxus, she never one heard the word 'sorry' pass his lips.

Speaking of Laxus, she wondered why he wasn't back from training yet. She'd thought that he'd be back in time to get a spot in the team since he was the strongest male guild member. She admires his strength and determination, more so ever since he'd been allowed back into the guild. He seemed so different. Nicer, even. She guessed he had plenty of time to think, but it was such a short time he was gone. He had been so cruel and evil, but in just a few months he was different. She couldn't help but wonder one thing;

What changed?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Lucy was fuming.

Her and Natsu had just encountered some pretty nasty Sabaertooth Dragon Slayers and it absolutely ruined her night. They were so cocky, talking about how Fairy Tail was no more and only focused on Natsu, brushing her off every time that she tried to tell them off and it made her so angry.

She was currently stomping her way back to the hotel on her own, Natsu and Happy leaving before her because Natsu had some "thinking" to do as he called it. She figured that he was stuck on the thought of them killing their dragons, knowing he thought of his own dragon as his parent. To hear them say that they didn't care was baffling to both of them, even Gajeel saw Metalicana as his dad.

She turned a corner to walk under a wide bridge, her eyes glaring at the ground. It was dark under the bridge but she barely noticed, her mind set on the Slayers that claim they're the "strongest". Yeah right, she'd like to see them try to take on Natsu, or Erza, or Gildarts! Hell, even La-
She gasped when she ran into something large and firm, stumbling back and feeling a large arm wrap around her waist to keep her balanced.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry sir!" Lucy says frantically as she finds her footing and looks up, not quite able to see who it was. Wow, what a fool she just made of herself, running into someone because she doesn't know how to keep out of her thoughts.

A deep, rumbling chuckle was heard from above and the arm slowly slid off of her waist, the hand brushing over her exposed lower back.  "There a reason that you're stabbing the ground with your stare, Blondie?"

Her heart started pounding in her chest as she recognized the voice of the man in front of her. She took a quick step back and adjusted her hair. "Oh Laxus, fancy seeing you here." She gave an awkward laugh and looked anywhere else but him- not that she could see him anyways but she still felt the need to advert her eyes. "I was just on my way back to the hotel, sorry for running into you. Have a good night!" She quickly walked around him and made it out of the darkened area. Out of all of the people it could be, it just had to be him.

A hand wrapped around her upper arm and pulled her to a halt. Her heart was racing; what did he want from her? She stared directly in front of her with wide eyes and waited, the silence killing her. She felt his hand flex and tighten the smallest bit and he let her go. She slowly turned around to face him and gave him a nervous look.

He also looked nervous. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to say something, only to close it again and give a small 'tsk', but she figured it wasn't directed at her since his eyes shifted to the side.

"Um.. was there something you needed, Laxus?" She asks timidly.

"Look, Blondie I-" He huffed and looked back at her, his eyes staring deeply into hers. He ran his fingers through his hair, "What I'm trying to say is that.. well.." He looked away once again and gave a sigh. "Fuck, okay. Just- never mind. Have a good night, Blondie." He grumbled before disappearing in a flash of light.

She stood there completely dumbfounded, staring at the spot he had just been moments ago. It seemed like he really wanted to tell her something, and she wondered what it could be to make him at a loss for words like that. He was always big talk and had so much to say so it was a complete shock that he stumbled over his words like that.

Maybe he was trying to apologize?

She snorted a laugh and started making her way towards the hotel again. Yeah right, like that would ever happen! She thought to herself.

But as she made her way further down the street, she couldn't get the nagging feeling in her stomach that maybe he was trying to apologize. To try and get another chance with the people he wronged.

She sighed and tried to wave the thought away. She won't get an answer just thinking about it, so no need to worry so much. For all she knew, he could've just been trying to take her to bed but then had second thoughts.

When she finally made it to the hotel, she got an earful from Erza along with Natsu, Gray, and Happy for being so late. They all had an excuse and when it was her turn for her story, she played it off as that she got caught up in the scenery on her way back.

Elfman and Lisanna had burst into their room after their scolding and there was more pressing matters to worry about then. Where was Wendy? Lucy really hoped that she was okay. They didn't have much time to think about it before a loud noise was heard and their hotel started moving. They would have to leave it up to Lisanna to look for Wendy while Elfman took her place in the team.

Lucy took a deep breath and prayed that Wendy was fine.

There was an announcement starting the games and Lucy knew that this was going to be a very long night.

That ending felt pretty rushed, sorry about that. Hopefully the next chapter will be better though!

Thanks for reading!