Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A/N: Hey everyone, this book is going to be a twist for the abused and neglected that you usually see. Anyways hope you enjoy.

(Y/N's POV)

Just as my conscience once said, you can never trust anyone with a warm smile...however, I did anyways...Why, because of my life as an orphan. My parents died in a car crash while I was still just an infant, so I have been taken care of in an orphanage, but the bad times were just going to keep coming. The kids there would bully me, and they would even physically hurt me...Just then, I would be adopted a small family, they are the Rose-Xiao Long-Branwen family. They looked like they had kind hearts in them, but I just couldn't perceive the evil they will have done to me few years more...it was just as severe as my usually beatings in the orphanage, or...they could even be more severe than they already are. Fa-I mean Taiyang, he would be the brute to punish me all day long, and his punishments were too much for me that I could see the blood I spilt when I hear or see him. Then, there were his little and cruel daughters, Ruby and Yang...I could not tell how long they have done the blaming, plus, I would be the one to get the punishment. All this time, I would be a portable punching bag...? I guess that life really just isn't fair...

Taiyang: "Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU!?" Oh no...he must've fell for their tricks again. Why can't he just give me a chance to be loved...? Just as I thought, he kicked my door open, and he had a very angry look on his face.

Taiyang: "WHAT WAS IT THAT I HEARD FROM RUBY THAT YOU BROKE THE COOKIE JAR?!" I was very confused until I just realized, Ruby put the blame on me for the cookie jar she broke. Speaking of the devil, both Yang and Ruby were looking at me with sadistic smirks in their eyes, and this made me widen my eyes in anger and hatred. Then, Taiyang picked me up and dragged me to the kitchen and threw me to the counter as I slid along the floor and my back collided with the counter.

Taiyang: "You should be ashamed of yourself! I taught you to never break shit in this house!" As he was saying that, a knife was slowly wobbling at the edge of the counter.

Y/N: "Dad...I didn't do that, I was just in my room like you said..." After I said that, I got kicked to the kitchen counter twice before the knife was almost about to fall.

Taiyang: "And what have I told you about lying!? Do you want worse punishments!?" Just as he said that, the knife dropped to the floor, and that was when I lost what I loved about the world...light...The pain was so unbearable that I cried out in pain so loud that the whole neighborhood could hear as they turn on their lights.

Y/N: "AAAAAAHHHHH! I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE! DADDY! MOMMY! ANYONE! PLEASE HELP ME!!" I started flailing my arms everywhere to try to find a support for me to walk, but all I did was topple more things over, and blood from my eyes started spilling down to the floor.

Y/N: "PLEASE! I'M SCARED! ANYONE PLEASE HOLD MY HAND! Please..." I just gave up and knelt on the floor, but then I heard a commotion outside the front door, and it might've been the neighbors who heard me. So, I ran towards the shouting that was heard outside, and I shoved Taiyang and my "sisters" away for the people to see me as they all gasp loudly.

Random Civil: "My Oum...what happened to you my child?" I turned to the voice, and I started shedding tears mixed with blood.

Y/N: "They did it...I'm scared..." Then I heard more shouting and assaults at them, but then I felt a hand grab my wrist with no anger.

???: "Come with me." I just nodded in agreement while the commotion was still going one. As we ran from that hellish place, I heard that our trek was reaching to the forest.

Y/N: "Ummm...where are we going?"

???: "We are going to my place, you don't deserve to be in a family of monsters..." Those words just made me light up in amazement.

Y/N: "Why...why would you do something like this for me?"

???: "Because I want to, and I have been wanting to talk to you for at least once." Wait...what does she mean...? Do I know her from somewhere? Anyways, for about half an hour, we have been running to Oum knows where, and finally, we made it since we lessened our pace.

???: "We're finally here...c'mon Y/N." She then dragged me inside the house and sat me down on a very comfy bed. As I heard her footsteps fade into the bathroom, I no longer felt any love towards those monsters, if Ruby hadn't had done that, then I wouldn't have become a nothing...just like now...I felt a soft and soothing hand on my left cheek, which made me flinch a little.

???: "Hold still..." She then soaked some cloth with water as she wiped the dry blood below my eyelids before getting some bandages and wrapping my eyes with them.

Y/N: "Thank you, somebody I don' know." I heard a slight giggle before she spoke.

A: "Just call me A, I'll tell you my true name when I help you back to your feet." I just look down in sadness...

Y/N: "How can I even do that when I don't have a guide on where to go...? My life had been, torture and pain, I had blisters on my skin, and I would try to laugh the pain away, and I ran 'till my feet can run no more...so how can I try to get up on my feet then...?" I heard a sigh of disappointment before she kissed my cheek, which made me blush in embarrassment.

A: "You don't need eyes to find a way, just let the darkness be your ally now instead of the light. Let their roles exchange for your benefit. Also, I'm here for you." That made me smile a bit. Finally, a friend I can count on.

Y/N: "Thanks A, I appreciate what you're doing for me."

A: "You're welcome Y/N..."

A/N: Hey everyone, this is my fourth book, that I am doing, and I will have to put emphasis on this before the other books will be updates, so you won't be waiting in agony. Anyways, I will post the Bio next chapter, so see you then guys. BYE!