1

To Lee Jihoon,

Don't ask me why I am writing to you.

I'm not exactly sure myself. Well, I know why I'm writing this, but not why I chose you. Of all people. We've never talked I don't even know you that much. No one does really.

You already know why I'm writing this now, but by the time you actually get to read this, you might've forgotten.

Right now, in our junior year of high school, we have been asked by our literature teacher to write a letter a day to someone for an entire year. The someone was entirely our choice. All 365 days. Once we're done, we were told to give the letters to the said teacher with the full name of who we wrote to on the back. Then in five years, she'll mail them to their recipient's.

I'm not sure why she chose this as an assignment, but I'm not really one to argue. I walked by you to sharpen my pencil at the back of the room. You wrote "Lee Yoongi". Is that your brother? Well, you can't answer that.

I realize, of course, that I could've chosen anyone else to write to. My mom, my dad. My friends. Teachers. Hell, I could've chosen the man at the bubble tea store who banged his head against the cash register that one time when he was stressed since he thought no one was in the store at the time. He was wrong. I was there.

I guess I chose you because you're so out there. You're not one of the popular kids. You don't sit with Choi Seungcheol, Yoon Jeonghan, Joshua Hong, and the rest of us. You're not out there like that, no but...

To me, you're pretty out there.

Kwon Soonyoung

Day 1 - 13 March 2012

__
Welcome new readers to my first fanfiction and Wattpad story!

I loved how the author used letters back and forth between the two to tell the story and I wanted to do something like it, but in my own way.

Before anything else, YES, I'm aware that ASL (American Sign Language for those who don't know what it stands for) is not universal. Every country has its own form of sign language, but ASL is what is used where I'm from so that's what I'm referring to it as even though this takes place in South Korea. Leave me alone, I'm too lazy to research, sorry.

So here I present To Lee Jihoon.

If for some reason you didn't read the description, or want a more detailed version of it, here ya go:

Kwon Soonyoung is a high school student in the same year and English class as the quiet and friendless Lee Jihoon. As their second year starts, their teacher instructs each student to write to someone once a day for 365 days. When that time is up, the teacher will hold a package of those letters for each student for five years. After 5 years, the letters will be sent to the person they were written to. Soonyoung chose Jihoon, Jihoon chose his older brother Yoongi. Each chapter is one letter, in which Soonyoung - who doesn't know what to write - briefly describes his new found endeavor to befriend the quiet and lonely Lee Jihoon.

Most chapters are prewritten already, but I'm bad with schedules so I'm sorry if there are randomly long pauses between updates.

Votes and comments are appreciated AND HIGHLY ENCOURAGED ^-^

Thank you for reading!!

ALSO if my name in the A/N changes its because I'm too lazy to go through all of the chapters and fix it lol