Talking

Groaning, I arose my body still aching from the various activities of the night before. "Take it easy Tiger," Brewer said from my side, his nonchalant look was calming to me.

"What happened?" I pushed myself up the mattress sinking from the pressure.

"Water, you just had excess water in your lungs and it," he stopped to gathering his thoughts and piece together what to say. "It choked you."

I nodded to his answer, "Well that's just great isn't it?" I looked at my feet which stuck out of the baby blue blanket laying over me. I wasn't in my room, to be honest I've never been in the part of the castle I was in now. pushed the blanket off my feet and legs and say the scars etched into my skin. They crawled up no higher then mid calf, I nodded excepting some remained. "I'm hungry," I stared before taking the needles out of my arm and getting out of bed.

"Maven, wha- No! You can't just get up and walk out." Brewer got up and followed me to the door which I stopped in front of.

"Again, I'm hungry" I looked at Brewer not seeing the problem he saw. "I want food...feed me!" I demanded, he just looked at me with surprise and confusion in his eyes. It was almost funny to see him flustered. He weighed the options and pushed last me opening the door for me along the way.

I followed him down the hallways, realizing I was bare foot and that someone had changed me. I didn't have time to care about my clothes or what I looked like, I needed food. I figured where we were because the hallways were familiar. Brewer was going to slow for me so I shoved in front of him and ran down the hall. "Take it easy!" He yelled after me, I laughed at him and kept running.

I heard his pace quicken and he had started to run. I felt my heart quicken and I started to run faster. I saw the kitchen doors and bolted not ready to be caught. I reached out for the handle by his arms wrapped around my torso and he lifted me off the ground. I laughed and I felt him smile into my neck.

How things have changed when once hearing him run behind me would strike fear into my heart now I find it puts happiness. When his hand once brought pain and anger it now brings a sense of easiness and love. When his eyes were once deadly and ready to kill they were strong but tender.

"Put me down, I'm hungry!" I squealed stifling laughter. He aided my request and set me down, I spun around and met his eyes closer then I expected. Our eyes searched each other's for any sign of what to do next, both of us unsure. The longer I stared at his eyes I was able to see more of him. 

Brewer snapped me out of my daze by quickly snapping his head. A small smile grew on my face and I lifted my hand to his. The slight pressure I gave was enough to turn it back to me. I gulped being fully aware my mouth was full of saliva from being nervous.  My feet rose on their own, my lips connected with his. At first he had no response but within seconds he was right there kissing me back. It was some how comforting now, to have this man love me. Heat is what I felt from his lips and it spread everywhere. To his his lips molding and fighting with mine was a sexual game. Both of us fighting for dominance.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on his shoulder. "I want to eat," I turned my body and slipped away from his arms.

"We have training for you after so be quick," he walked with me and opened the door from behind me.

"Training?" I asked grabbing bread from a metal counter.

"To be a queen, we can't have you walking around knowing nothing." I turned to look at him, my bread getting toasted.

"If I'm doing that we're gonna talk,"
"Talk?"
"Yes, about the past, present, and future." Brewer stared at me, searching my face. He lowered his eyes, clearly this man never has been bargained with.