Chapter 22

"Morning beautiful," Brewer stretched next to me in the morning light. His arms left my waist and I grabbed the blankets he left unguarded. "You under estimate my strength." He laughs, shaking the bed as he rips the blankets from my grip. I opened my eyes rubbing the sleep from them.  I see Brewer coming in to give me a kiss and instantly open my mouth breathing into his face. 

"You under estimate my morning breathe." I grin back at him, he shakes his head and kisses me anyway. Remy gives a hearty squeal from the crib and I comply to her want of seeing us. Her warm little body fit snuggly into my arms as I brought her back to bed. 

"Hello little lady, My little princess."  I stroke her little cheek and shared her to Brewer. 

"If only she was a little prince." Brewer said grabbing her from me. He was so gentle with Remy but I could tell he wish she was a boy. Someone to take the throne, instead of sitting idly by with power and no way to rule. 

"Isn't she a cutie?" I ask moving to see her a bit better. 

"She's a spitting image of you, absolutely beautiful." I smiled and quickly gave him a kiss on the lips before getting out of the bed and putting on the day clothes. 

"Here, give me her." I reached out and grabbed her, "We can always try again." I mumble. 

"Once your healed we'll start. Maven?" I turn around at his sudden concern.

"Yeah?" 

"Don't...Don't get too attached to her."  He doesn't make eye contact with me as he sits there and waits for a response. 

"What?" I pull Remy closer to me. 

"Nothing." Brewer stands and walks to the door, freezing when I speak.

"Brewer, What did you mean by that!" I start to get angry, He can't threaten our daughter then act as if nothing happened. I lay Remy on the bed and stalk toward him. "Brewer I swear to god what did you mean!" I grip his shoulder and tug to pull him around. "Brewer!"

"I said it was Nothing!" Brewer flung his arm around and I fell back my cheek on fire. The door slammed shut when I looked up and the only sign Brewer was there was the burning sensation on my cheek.  I wiped the tear from my cheek and stood up smoothing my shirt. I picked up Remy kissing her on the head and laid her back in the crib for the nurses to come care for her. 

I continued my way to the dining room where Brewer was sitting at the head of the table. I resumed to my spot next to him and a maid laid a plate in front of me. Through the months I was pregnant Brewer had me get on a schedule, have my coronation, and was introduced to the pack and a Queenly jobs. We ate in silence and when I was finished I stood and walked through the castle doors. 

"Good morning Luna, How is Remy today?" The stable boy asks me as I enter. I smile at him and grab a little vest. 

"She is doing good, she's only 3 months now and quite the princess." 

"Silver today?" He asked referring to the horses.

"Has he healed properly, maybe we should give him a day?" I say tying my hair back.

"Harrow it is then." He pulls the black steed out of it's stall and hands me the reins. 

"Thank you." I say as I lead Harrow outside to the path I venture on. I warmed Harrow up on the way, and when he was finally ready to start galloping. I rode him to the farms talking to the farmers on the way and paying off the dues for using their supplies. I rode by the bakery and grabbed a pastry saying hi to my brother. My chores lasted until dusk and I finally rode home making sure that Harrow was well fed and taken care of.  

I made my way into the castle and was greeted by maids who ushered me to my dinner. I ate silently my mind away from myself. Once finished I was led to my room where I was met with Katara who bathed me and helped me get dressed. After she left I walked to the crib hoping to find Remy but it was empty. The bed was empty and I assumed she was with Brewer in his study. 

The stairs creaked under my weight and I knocked on the study door.

"Come in," Brewer said aloud through the door. I slowly opened and saw him sitting at his desk. Remy wasn't with him. 

"Where's Remy?" I said, I started to feel sick to my stomach. "Brewer?" 

"Who is Remy?" He asked looking up from his papers. 

"You fucking monster!" I screamed suddenly charging after him. My nails landed in his shoulder as I went to bite his trachea. His fist slammed against my jaw and I fell to the ground. My feet swung out at him as he tried to grab me. I swiftly got up and threw a kick into his stomach. Brewer grabbed my ankle and yanked me across the ground to him. 

"Listen here you little bitch. Don't ever defy me again. I could kill you right now but I am not because I fucking love you." He grabbed my throat and made it impossible for me to talk.  I stared daggers into his eyes as he suddenly had a realization. "It seems your ready to have a boy now." I tried to hit him but my fist uselessly hit into his chest. He held me against his desk and toor off my pants, then his after. I was stuck against him and the desk. I closed me eyes trying to escape. My child was gone, the man I loved was gone. Everything I had was ripped from my fingers.  

After Brewer had his way he threw me into the hallway and locked his door. I had the urge to slam my fists upon the door but instead I followed my gut and ran to our room.  I cleaned myself up and realized what I had to do, I might've been a year too late but It was for the best for me. Now that Remy was gone I had to protect myself. 

I laid in bed, after putting on my lingerie and waited for Brewer to come to bed. I looked at the clock, 11:30. I pulled the blankets over me and closed my eyes. The bed dipped when Brewer finally came to sleep. I instantly snaked my arms around him feeling his chest and trailing my hands down his abs. I sat on my knees and straddled Brewer pulling his face to mine. His hands laced my hips and breasts. "Guess I'm gonna get lucky twice tonight, eh?" He huskily muttered into my mouth.