giovanni making honey moves

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WERE really trying to ditch me. On the first day! Dude, have you no nobility?"

"For the last time, I wasn't going to!"

"Then what slash where were you about move your ass to? Had I not caught your signature holey sweater floating out of class."

Gio and Dorian are in front of Ethics class, having a kind of heated argument. The former raves louder and in crass words that is against everything the just finished class preaches about.

"I just told you now, I had to get water."

"Water for what?"

"I don't know, to cook my textbook? To drink, of course."

Giovanni Price narrows his eyes in doubt that seems fake. "You're a football jock. Jocks don't drink water."

"Yeah," Dorian drawls, walking away. "I'm pretty certain you got the stereotype all upside down."

"Hey. Wait for me!" Gio quickly runs back into the class to retrieve his backpack so he can catch up with Dorian. They're walking side by side now to where Gio guesses his Dorian's locker. "Nobody permitted you to leave the interrogation anyway. I'm not sure but you still kinda sus to me."

"Good for you."

"Dorian."

He stops shuffling his locker and spares Gio a glance. "Yeah?"

"We first have to make a stop by the infirmary. Just to, you know, pick up some stuff."

Dorian is suddenly interested. "Oh. Is everything okay?"

"Funny that was the first statement you ever said to me and things went downhill from there onwards."

Dorian sneers. "Well, pardon me trying to show the littlest bit of concern 'cos that's the last time you'll ever see it."

"Better. I like it better when no one tries to try," Gio looks away and into the crowded hallway; for a moment looking so dreary and cheerless.

"Huh?" What's this guy's deal?

"It keeps the snakes away." Gio blows out a long sigh before his countenance takes a U-turn. "But we're not here to talk about my personal life, are we?"

Dorian merely stares at the taller boy. He does this for a long while, including the time Gio used in chatting with the school's nurse and stuffing supplies in his bag. They are way too many medical supplies, in Dorian's opinion. Is Gio some sort of pharmacist intern or he's always so sick?

"Yo!" Dorian exclaims, coming to a halt. That Gio responds to fast.

"Is there a problem?"

"Duck! I totally forgot to inform you about this week's club assignment."

Gio raises a brow. "Wow."

"So sorry." Dorian's face drops and he indeed looks remorseful.

Gio just has to wonder how more of a nerd this jock can ever get. Not everyone takes assignments as the end of the world.

"Then."

"Then what?" Dorian sighs, down.

"What is the assignment? What book, or plot, or research? At least I have to know, if I wanna prove I can be less than a dummy before those weirdos."

"Oh right. Yes, this is it." Dorian hands over the hardcover book that smells of orange juice and something like leafy vegetables.

Dorian and Giovanni get to the book club room to find out they are late. Like, so late the members are yawning and packing the weird ass mat up. There's drowsiness radiating from the atmosphere and by the time the two boys enter, it was awkward.