his cries

jimin doesn't really know when his roommate's cries could be heard through his wall, all he knew was, the cries made him want to do something about it. he'd heard taehyung's cries for three nights in a row, now, and that was more than usual. sometimes, there was a muffled name and then more sobs were released. jimin felt so weak because he couldn't help taehyung.

one night, jimin became brave enough to go in there while taehyung was crying, and try to cheer him up the best he could. "hey," he softly whispered, shaking the other boy. "what's wrong?" the other boy looked at him in shock but quickly recovered, wiping his tears off his face.

"nothing is wrong," he mumbled. "i'm fine." jimin knew taehyung was lying and it was going to set him off because why should someone so precious have to suffer this way?

"that's bullshit, taehyung," jimin spat. "i know there is something fucking wrong. i hear you through the walls, crying out someone's name, and not in a sexual way either, and then you fall asleep. so, please," jimin's voice became soft. "tell me what's wrong, i want to help you."

jimin had stayed with taehyung for the rest of the night, wiping the younger's tears and cooing him to sleep. that was the first night taehyung had fully slept and had peaceful dreams. it didn't mean that anything would change between the two boys.

~☆

taehyung just missed him so much. today was a bad day for him. "why did you have to leave me?" he cried into his arms, trying to hide himself from the rest of the world. "i could have given you anything you desired: friendship, family, a shoulder to cry on, love, anything. you're not here and it's harder for me to stay strong and positive like you wanted."

taehyung didn't realize that someone was watching the whole thing unfold. he didn't realize that he was breaking someone's heart because why should someone so beautiful, feel so much pain? he didn't realize that someone was walking up to him, until he felt arms wrap around him.

"it's okay, taehyung-ah," they whispered. "it's okay, i'm here. cry on me. let it all out."

taehyung released the sob he had been holding in, when the person's arms enveloped his body. the soft, fingers threading through his hair, calmed him down bit by bit but he would remain heartbroken. the whispered assurances, filled his heart with warmth but he was still filled with too much despair, to call it happiness.

"why don't you and i stay in the dorm for today?" the person whispered, wiping taehyung's tears away with their thumbs. the cold press of rings was a nice feeling to taehyung's pink, flushed cheeks. the floral scent that came from the other person, was soothing. he was beginning to feel calmer.

taehyung finally unhooked his arms from around himself and looked up at the person. the soft brown of the other's hair was shining so nicely because of the sun, taehyung almost, almost, reached out to touch it. instead, he focused on the other's eyes, seeing them filled with so much care that his breath was knocked out of him. why was he looking at taehyung like that? what did he do to deserve so much care and tenderness?

"i'd like that, jimin," taehyung grabbed onto the other's hands, holding them close to his chest. "i don't think i can make the rest of my classes, today." he liked the feel of jimin's hands they reminded taehyung of his hands, which were soft but calloused from years of having odd and part time jobs. he missed those hands.

the difference between the hands was, jimin's hands were soft altogether. no callouses, no part time or odd jobs, just smooth skin and warmth. the only thing different was his hands had little nicks on them at times. taehyung could make out a freshly made wound on jimin's forefinger and thumb and he just sighed. "you need to be more careful with those damned roses, park jimin."