chapter two.

[unedited]

THE WINDOW

It's been over a year. Seriously? Seriously? How dare he come back and do the exact same thing again. It's a damn text message for fûcks sake Elle, control yourself.

I had practically sprinted home this afternoon, fretting and thinking about what to say. Is he the same as before? Will things be the same as before? Will we be the same as before? Long, painful hours passed by, and my phone lay on my desk, almost taunting me to answer, as I tumbled and turned on my bed. It was getting dark out now. The sun had started to retreat, and splashes of purple, pink and orange were streaks across the sky, beautiful and free.

Honestly, I don't know why I made such a big deal over this, after all it's been so long and I have moved on, For sure. Now after the initial high, my resentment and anger aimed towards him returned, slowly consuming my mind. Why now? I sighed and frowned, staring at my phone on my desk again; so weighted and heavy in my hand I typed out a reply before I could even think about it.

Hey. Yes I do remember you, how could I forget? You left me behind, to go and do whatever it is you wanted to before uni, and surprise surprise, now you're back. I don't think us meeting again would be the best idea, but tbh we need to talk.

- elle // 21:33

Send. I let out a huge breath of air, and flopped back on my bed. I felt so light. Why? Because you haven't moved on, maybe? No, I have. Had. Luca Orman and all his antics were of the past, all I need is a little bit of closure and some answers to some questions. Right?

I felt a vibration in my hand and something bright shining under my lids.

You're right, us meeting isn't the best idea but we need to. I need to. I need to see you. I'm sorry for what happened, honestly and I'll explain everything. Don't avoid me, though from the looks of it there's nowhere for you to hide anyways...

- luca // 21:36

Hide?

I don't care if you need to see me. I'm not doing this for you, so don't be trying to order me about either. We talk and then that's it.

I know and I said I'm sorry, just chill b. Though I'm sure you'll be seeing me around a lot more than you expect. Just know that I'm ready this time around. And I'm not letting you go.

Luca. One meeting. We talk and that's it. Just stop.

I love it when you say my name. I'm imagining it now.

Goodnight Luca.

I'll see you soon Gabby. Check your window.

It's Elle dimwit. Clicking off my phone I placed it to the side and walked to the window. Göddamit. Why do I feel so exhilarated? Things haven't changed at all, in fact they've gotten worse, I clutched at my cheeks groaning at their warmth and how fast my heart was beating. Even my body betrayed me soon enough. Looking out the window I checked for anything, following his orders like per usual, well done Elle, and sighed. Nothing. Of course there would be nothing what did you expect? I laid my head against the cool pane, letting it seep into me, calming my mind. How could I end up like this again, cornered by him... I could practically hear Celese's voice in my mind telling me to "play him hard and milk him harder!".

My mind was lost in thoughts as a roaring in the distance grew closer and closer, until it settled right outside my window, revving and rumbling to a halt. I could faintly here a clattering against my window, the rain surging now, and I eased open my eyes just in time to see a rock shoot through my window, splintering and cracking through, as I shot back. What the fûck?

I stuck my head out the window ready to unleash a streak of profanities at the little dickhead that just smashed my window until I heard his voice. It was soft and velvety, but it had a gruff undertone to it that never failed to make my body heat up and my cheeks flush. "I told you I was closer than you think."

I opened my mouth to croak out a reply, shaking my head, and instead ran back inside and down the stairs and out the door. He was standing, in all his glory, shining in the rain. He'd grown. A lot. Freckles smattered over his cheeks and his curls were plastered to his forehead all weighed down by the rain. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you I needed to see you, I couldn't come back without seeing you Gabby." I looked down at the ground suddenly realising I was wearing barely anything, just a long white shirt and some knee highs, that had long gone translucent, clinging to my every curve. I could feel his eyes on me and I shivered, folding my arms over my chest and turned my head to the side.

"My name is Elle. Well now you've seen me, so please get the fück off my front garden."

"So harsh baby, such harsh words from such a pretty mouth. I didn't know you to be so bad."

I shuddered again and took a step back, biting my lip, I knew if I looked up into his eyes I wouldn't be able to control myself. Sucking in a deep breath I raised my head to reply and looked up to see him right in front of me, his forehead pressing against mine. I faltered and tried to step back once more, but somehow his arm had snaked around my waist and pulled me in close, so close I could feel his breath fanning against my ear. For a second it felt like the rain had stopped, like there was no one else there as I stilled in his arms. He shrugged off his jacket and wrapped it around me, holding me tight once more "I'll leave. But don't forget what I said, this time I'm not letting you go. Not now, not ever. We'll talk tomorrow at noon, meet me at my house." My eyes shot open, ready to retort a reply, but I could see in his eyes there was no room for argument. I stood in the rain as he walked over to his bike, rolling it over to the house next to mine, giving me one last glance, before disappearing into the house.

I stumbled inside and sat on the stairs, my heart racing wildly, burning all over, despite my cold shirt clinging to my skin. I was weakened by just his voice, just remembering him had me like a bïtch in heat. There had been countless moments like this before he left,   to the point that it made me quite shy and uncomfortable around him, but never before had I felt an attraction this strong. It was like I was drawn to his words. His eyes, his mouth, God, his mouth-

My head banged against the wall, knocking me out of my silly infatuations, and quite quickly, I realised the even worse situation I was now in. My window was smashed in, shards of glass covered my room undoubtedly, I was slowly getting chillier and sniffly, I was hungry, a multitude of booklets and sheets, both important and unimportant, laid unfilled on my desk, and now Luca lived right next to me?

Oh why God, why, do you have it out for me?

Picking myself up and rubbing my head I went upstairs and set about cleaning my room and getting ready for bed. How could I have thought he was being romantic by smashing my bloody window in? I flopped down on my bed once more and sighed. As much as I wanted to deceive myself I knew deep down those feelings for him had never gone. Even when he does stupid things like this?

I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing the answer to that question all too well.

♥ ♥ ♥

hey guys! this was kind of a rubbish chapter lol,  but I wanted you guys to meet Luca :)  any thoughts? If you do end up reading my book that is... please do

- G x