Chapter 9

In the morning they were all sat in the living room watching tv and drinking coffee when Betty excused herself to get ready for the day. When she came back in she stood in-front of her three roommates, who were still seated on the couch. "Ermm guys" she said. "Yeah?" "Whats up babe?" "Yo?" They Said in reply. "Well I'm going somewhere now but I don't want you to freak out or anything it's my choice" she said, the others Motioned for her to continue. "I'm going to see a therapist I used to have one back home but after everything that's happened I thought it would be a good idea to see one here and just know I can go if it all gets too much, I just want to be on top of things" she said, looking down at her feet. "That's great, I think it's very brave of you betts" Reggie said pulling her into a hug, the other two joined in the hug, reassuring her that it's a great idea. "Do you want me to come with you baby? I can wait outside?" Jug asked her. "No thank you, it's something I want to do by myself" she said kissing him softly. "You know where we are if you need anything betts" Archie said as she walked out the apartment. Once at therapy the doctor told her that she did the right thing reaching out for help and gave her a prescription for some medication to help her depression and anxiety. After the session she picked up her medication and went back home. Once home she told the boys all about her medication and how she can't take it with alcohol because it could make her worse and how at the start of her taking it their could be some mood swings but apart from that it should be fine. "I'm proud of you betts" Jug said giving her a hug; the others agreeing. Later that day Veronica called Betty and invited her and Kevin to a party suggesting that it might do Betty to get out for a while after the weeks she's had, Betty agreed and started getting ready. Veronica's driver picked her up at 7 and Betty bid Archie, Reggie and jug goodbye and left to the party. She explained over the phone to Kevin and Veronica about her therapy session and medication and they were both very supportive and understanding or so Betty thought. The night progressed and it was going well until Betty started acting strange, almost drunk. She was sloppy and couldn't stand straight. "Ronnie, what's happened or Betty?!" Kevin yelled over the music. At that exact moment betty threw up all over her white dress but was too out of it to notice. "Oh I've been slipping alcohol into her drinks all night" Veronica giggled, she was still sober, like Kevin. "WHAT ?! SHE CANT HAVE ALCOHOL WITH HER MEDICATION YOU KNEW THIS!" Kevin shouted as he lifted Betty up leaving Veronica at the party before she could say anything else.