Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

I was still on the fence about Suga and I. This was my first real relationship so I didn't have any info on what regular relationships were like. It felt weird that we almost never saw each other and instead contacted each other on the phone.

I knew that Suga would be busy, I was too but it just felt that sometimes he wasn't making an effort. Then he would turn around and do something crazy and fun and change my whole view again. With all of the confusion I was getting from him I decided to stop by Ryan's place and talk with her.

"You know I don't understand dating," I said once we were situated on the coach.

She laughed at me, most people understood the fact that I wasn't someone who dated a lot when I was younger. "I know, so tell me about your worries," she said. It was nice that she was going to allow me to talk to her about this stuff and I knew she would at least pretend to be interesting.

"It feels like I never see him because of work" I explained. From there I jumped into what Suga had told me about his past relationships.

She sat and listened to me nodding along and asking me to go into more depth about some subjects. "I know this ain't what you were looking for but I think you should just sit down with the boy and talk to him," she said.

That would be the mature thing to do "I know".

"But you're afraid, I understand that a relationship is a communication," she told me with a small smile.

"Thank you. So we going to play or what" I asked motioning to her gaming setup. Of course, we weren't like average girls so our boy talk ended in shooting people through a computer screen.

It was good that Rya was my friend because I was sure that nobody else would want to put up with me. Girls like to talk about boys and fashion and I always did my best to stay away from those two scenes as much as possible. But now I wish I had friends like that, who have been through relationships so that I could talk to them about it.

"Alright well, you're clearly distracted, just please make sure you don't let this boy affect your playing in the future," Rya said. She had killed me three times in the game before realizing that I wasn't fully invested.

Letting out a sigh I pushed the computer away from me, "I don't know what I want to do" I said.

Rya laughed at me "You'll figure it out" she said giving my arm a slight pat.

"I know I just wish I would already have it figured it out," I said taking in a couple of deep breaths. "You know we're competing in the same tournament, we know how that will end," I said. Everyone knew cases of couples being pulled apart in tournaments and it was truly terrifying knowing that going into this composition.

"No, Rose," she said turning her full attention to me her mouth open slightly in surprise.

Shaking my head I said, "I know but it would be worse if one of us pulled out now."

"Just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen here. At the end of the game win or lose kiss him. That's it the crowd will still think everything's okay and he will be happy that he's getting somewhere" she said.

There was no way of knowing if that would actually work, but it was the only suggestion I got. "Thanks, I'm going to go meeting the boys," I said.

We were meeting to practice, as both V and I were in school we were busy during the week so we practiced at night and during the weekends. Suga and I had stopped communicating as much as we didn't want to mess with each other before the tournament.