Gone

When Sean woke up at nine for his first class, he was met with unusual silence from Anti that set him on edge.

Anti? Sean called out in his mind.

Anti said nothing.

"Fuck it, I'll deal with him later." Sean decided wearily as he trudged into the bathroom.

He froze when he saw one blue eye and one green eye staring back at him.

"No no no no!" Sean cried in dismay, anxiousness welling up in him.

"I can't go to my classes like this, I'll be made fun of endlessly." Sean whispered as he ran a hand through his hair in exasperation.

"It's fine, I'll just some sunglasses." Sean decided as he picked up a pair of shades before changing into clothes and darting out of his dorm to run to his class.

"You're late Mr. Parker." His teacher chided as he slipped into the classroom.

"Sorry Mr. Moore." Sean mumbled apologetically as he took a seat in the back of the class with his head ducked to avoid looking anyone in the eye.

"Mr. Parker, can you tell me why you're wearing sunglasses when there is no sunlight in here?" Mr. Moore prompted, earning amused snickers from the students.

"He probably got in a fight and lost." One student spoke up with a sneer that made Sean flinch.

"Remove the sunglasses." Mr. Moore directed impatiently.

"Sir-"

"Now Mr. Parker." Mr. Moore growled in a threatening tone.

Sean removed his sunglasses with a reluctant sigh, feeling his face burn in shame as people pointed at him while whispering amongst each other.

"Take out the stupid contact too." Mr. Moore directed.

"I-it's not a contact sir." Sean stuttered shyly, hating the feeling of hundreds of eyes watching his every move.

"That's it, get out of my classroom if you're just going to keep playing games with me. Go to the Dean's office!" Mr. Moore barked coldly.

"Yes sir." Sean mumbled, knowing better than to argue with him once he's made a decision as he got up and walked out of the room.

Only when he reached the deserted hallway did he let himself slide onto the floor and curl his knees into his chest, tears of anger and sadness welling up in his eyes.

He had hoped college would be better.

But it was just like high school.

Only with more people to make fun of him while his friends were gone.

"Mr. Parker, your father is on the phone." The dean informed him as he poked his head out of his office.

Sean nodded numbly before following him inside, already dreading the lecture he was certain he was about to  receive.

The dean returned to his desk and worked on his computer, ignoring Sean completely.

"Hello?" Sean muttered in defeat, bracing himself for the worst.

"Sean listen, Mr. Moore just talked to me-"

"I know, I fucked up okay? Is that all you wanted to tell me?!" Sean snarled in pent up rage.

"No son, it's about your eyes. He told me that you had one blue one and one green one." Peter corrected him.

"Yeah...Anti left." Sean replied.

"Anti?" Peter repeated in confusion.

"That's what I called the symbiote thing that gave me your powers." Sean explained.

"He left?! Do you know where he went?" Peter asked frantically, sounding panicked.

"No, he just talked about how I never used his powers before he fell silent." Sean frowned.

"Shit, he must be looking for a new host." Peter cursed.

"What do I do?" Sean asked worriedly, shooting a glance at the dean.

He didn't even look up from his work.

"He shares your thoughts, so he'd be going after someone you know that he believes is the perfect host." Peter reasoned.

"Okay, but who? I mean, there's Signe, Tyler, Bob, Wade-"

Sean broke off when a realization hit him, causing his face to grow paler than usual.

"Mark, I think he's after Mark." Sean told Peter.

"Okay, I'll call Steve and ask him about Mark." Peter promised Sean before hanging up.

Sean stormed out of the office and back to his dorm, doing his best to ignore the curious stares he kept getting.

Once he barricaded the door since there was no lock, Sean whipped his phone out of his pocket and called Mark.

"C'mon Mark, pick up." Sean huffed as he paced the cramped room, listening to the phone ring.

"Hey this is Mark Fischbach, please leave a message-"

"Damnit!" Sean cursed furiously as he hung up, beginning to call him again.

He was stopped when Mark called him on face time, the screen showing Mark's panicked face as he ran out of his house.

"I don't know what happened, but I need help as fast as possible." Mark panted as he turned the camera.

Chasing after him was Steve Rogers covered in black goo, his face and body hidden.

He held his shield up and tossed it, the vibranium knocking the phone out of Mark's hand.

Sean could see Steve hit Mark in the face with enough force to knock him out before he glared down at the camera, his blue eyes clouded with anger that wasn't his own as he stomped on the phone.

Sean stood frozen for a moment, processing what he saw before hastily calling his dad.

"Hey Dad? Good news, I found Anti." Sean announced.

"Let me guess, there's bad news too?" Peter sighed.

"Yeah, the bad news is that he's possessing Steve." Sean informed him grimly.

"Get your suit and fly to LA as soon as you can, I'll meet you at the airport." Peter commanded before hanging up.

Sean packed what he could into his suit case before walking out, adrenaline pumping in his veins.

"Mr. Parker, where are you going?" The dean demanded as Sean walked towards the door.

Sean made a decision as he paused at the door that he wasn't sure if he'd regret later or not.

"Fuck all of you, I'm out bitches!" Sean yelled, flipping the dean off with his free hand as he strolled out the doors and took a cab to the airport.

As soon as Sean arrived, he booked the first flight to LA and was able to run onto the plane in twenty minutes, his worry keeping him from sitting still.

"Don't worry Mark, Jackaboy-Man is on the way to help." Sean muttered to himself as he stared out the window, absent mindlessly fiddling with his phone.