Mason

I finish packing the rest of my boxes, and go downstairs to put them in the car. As I'm going down, I hear some people laughing and chatting as they move boxes up to a room. Another family, I think, I hope they have a better time then I did here. A man passes me going up the stairs, and I assume he's the father.

Suddenly I hear a crash, and seconds later violent sobbing. I rush quickly down the rest of the steps, dropping the box. Entering the lobby, I come across a girl who looks a bit too young for college bleeding, sobbing, and trying in vain to pick up the pieces of a broken snow globe.

I grab a broom from the closet in the lobby, walk over, and sweep the pieces into a dustpan I also grabbed. I dump them in the trash, not really caring since I'm leaving this school and going to Penn State, and am about to leave the lobby when some force comes over me. I want to run over there and talk to her and cheer her up and hug her and make sure she's alright.

Instead of doing all of that (she'd probably think I was a creepy perv) I just walk over and ask her what her name is, softly. She doesn't answer and goes back to her crying. I slowly exit the room, staring curiously at her the whole way out.