Season 1 - 1 (Pilot)

Hayden laid in Deans lap as he drove his impala to Sam's apartment. He had found the 5 year old during a previous hunt. Her family almost killed her trying to sell her to a demon and he was just in time to save her. Long story short, the house exploded and everyone died.

He had decided that he had no choice but to bring her with him because she had no one and something about her prevented him from allowing her to go to a foster care. He felt like she had to come with him and he was the only one who could keep her safe.

She didn't have a name when Dean found her. Her family called her "Thing". So Dean gave her her name, Hayden.

Dean parked the impala before glancing down at the sleeping child in his lap. She refused to sleep unless she was in his lap. He sighed before sliding her onto the seat the exit the car. To his dismay, Hayden woke up immediately. She looked up at him with an adorable frown.

"Wherw you go?" She asked quietly. Dean sighed. "I'm gonna go get my brother. Stay here okay?" He said.

Hayden immediately began to panic at the fear of being left alone. Tears filled her eyes. "Please don leave." She said with a shaky voice.

Dean sighed again. "Hayden.." He cut himself off thinking that she'll only panic more if he leaves her alone. So he squatted down in front of her and wiped her tears. "You can come with me, but you have to promise to be silent. Okay?" He said.

She smiled and nodded her head eagerly. Dean smiled softly at the child that being out his soft side. "Blankie and teddy have to stay here and wait for us." He added. "Okay." She said before exiting the car and standing beside Dean.

Sam laid asleep in his bed next to his girlfriend, Jessica. His eyes shot open immediately after hearing an unexpected noise in his silent apartment.

Sam moved stealthily from his room to the hall. He took notice of the open window then stared at the door way just as the silhouettes of a man and little girl walked past. Sam quickly and quietly moved to the door, waiting for them to walk through it.

Just as the man walked through the door Sam snatched him away from the little girl causing her to panic. The two end up fighting in a different room until Sam was pinned to the floor. The dim light in the room revealed Dean as the culprit.

"Woah. Easy there tiger." He said with a chuckle.

Sam frowned. "Dean? You scared the scrap outta me." He replied.

"That's because you're outta practice." Dean smirked.

Sam only smirked back and moved quickly, catching Dean off guard and pinning him to the floor. Dean laughed.

"Or not. Get off me." He said before Sam helped him off the floor.

"Dean what the hell are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was looking for a beer." Dean joked.

"Dean what the hell are you doing here?" Sam repeated in a serious tone.

Dean sighed. "I need to talk to you." He said.

"Uh? The phone?" Sam said.

"If I had called, would you answer?" Dean asked knowingly.

"Still Dean you should break into my.." Sam was cut off by the room light coming on. Both men turned seeing Sam's girlfriend had turned on the light.

Before anyone said anything, Dean took notice of the small child on the floor with her arms wrapped around her legs. A look of terror was painted brightly on her face. He sighed scolding himself for forgetting her trauma.