Beldum

Girl's POV

Today, February 24th, is my birthday!! I am finally 14 years old! Um, excuse me for not introducing myself, my name is Nanami Yonetani. You may call me Yone or Nanami. I live in Littleroot Town in the Hoenn region. And so, today is my birthday and I am 14 years old now... wait, i said that already didn't I? So anyways, my parents made me a birthday cake so my family and I could celebrate it together! And by 8pm at the night, we celebrate my birthday. We sing the "Happy Birthday" song.

"Yone-chan, blow the candles and make your wish" My father said.

"Wish?" I asked quizzically.

"Yes! Say your wish in the day of your birthday because it might come true!" My mother said happily.

"I haven't think of anything yet, but maybe I can make a wish then" I said as  I closed my eyes and fold my hands and make my wish.

'I wish to become a pokemon trainer and I want to become an idol together with my pokemons!' I wished and I opened my eyes and blew the candles.

"Yay!" My mother and father both said as the clapped their hands.

"So, Yone-chan, what did you wished for?" My mother asked me.

"I wished to become a pokemon trainer and I really really really want to become an idol!!!" I exclaimed happily.

"That is a wonderful wish, my dear" My mother said as she hugged me.

"Thank you, kaa-san" I said as I hugged her back.

"Hey Yone-chan, I bought you a present!" My dad said as he brought a small box.

"Eh! Really?!" I said as I ran quickly towards him.

"But first, let me explain to you why I give you this present" My father said as if telling me to not open it yet.

"Ohhh, okay?" I said as I looked up at him.

"Yone-chan, as you received this present, I want to promise you something... After you receive this present, use it carefully and take good care of it carefully, and I know you will be so happy once you see what's inside here!" My father said to me.

"Okay, tou-san! Now let me open it!" I said impatiently. Then, my father nodded with a smile. So I opened the box.

And inside of it...

Was...

"A POKEBALL!" I exclaimed happily.

"Yes, exactly" My father said as my mom approached us with a smile.

"Open it, dear, see what's inside" My mother said. And I do as instructed, I threw the ball in the air and as it opened, the result is...

"A Beldum! It's so cute!" I said as I walked to Beldum.

"Bel!" Greeted Beldum to me as he climbed up on my shoulder.

"Cool! Where did you get it?" I asked my parents.

"A good friend of us named Steven gave it to me, but since I am not good in having a Pokemon, then I decided to give it to you as a birthday present!" My father said.

"But how did you know how to train a Pokemon if you can't handle having one?" Mother asked dad.

"Because I am more talented in taming them, not training them" My dad said as he laughed nervously and my mom just sighed.

I looked at Beldum as it looked back at me.

"We are gonna be best friends, buddy!" I said to him as I patted his head.