three

Harry had settled into the highschool life after about a month. He and Niall were apart of the popular group, and the girls all really like him, they were always trying to touch his curly hair. It was nice and all, but it's not really what Harry wanted, and he knew that. He'd known for a while that he liked boys. But he didn't know how to tell anyone. Except Niall, it seemed that he and Niall were back to being closer than he and Louis were.

They still hung out after school, but during school, Louis only had time for his older friends. He barely came to say hello to Harry anymore. And the young boy tried to not let it get to him, but there's only so many excuses he can make up for the older boy.

**

Anne was leaving with Harry's father for a business trip, and Harry would be staying with the Tomlinson's for the whole weekend. Harry was excited, he'd finally get more than half an afternoon with Louis.

The two had many sleepovers in the past, but it was easy to see that things had changed between them since Harry had started highschool. Sure the banter was still the same, and they still laughed together. But once they were alone together for too long, Louis would change the subject quickly so there was no lingering or silent moments. He'd always need to be doing something all the time.

Harry was in the bathroom while Jay was making lunch, he washed his hands and made his way out. He was at the end of the hallway when he heard Louis and Jay talking. "Mum. Can't he sleep in the spare room?" Louis whined, and Harry stopped in his tracks. "Louis! You two always share the bed, what's happened?" She asked, concerned. "Mum, I'm too old to be share beds now" Louis said.

"But Louis, you'll be going to collage soon, and Harry won't get to see you." Jay spoke accusingly at her son. Harry felt tears begin to form in his eyes. "What does it matter what Harry wants? It makes me feel uncomfortable... It's like he loves me or something." Louis said in disgust and Harry was in shock.

He stormed up the hall into the spare room and slammed the door shut, letting the tears fall. Louis and Jay's heads snapped up in the direction. Louis' face fell and Jay sighed, walking from behind the island bench. She gave her son a disappointed look and Louis bowed his head in shame.

Jay walked down the hallway into the spare room where Harry was curled up on the bed letting himself sob. "Oh my darling." Her voice was laced with sympathy and it made Harry cry even more. He was humiliated. Did Louis even like him at all? Was their friendship a lie?

**

Jay came out from the hallway and Louis was still sitting at the island, his head on the table, not moving a muscle. "Louis I want you to go to your room until you hear my car leave, then I want you to watch your sisters for me. I'll be gone for a few minutes." She said, voice emotionless grabbing her handbag and coat.

"Why? Where are you going?" Louis asked, lifting his head off the table. "Taking Harry to Niall's"
"What, he doesn't have to leave!" Louis moaned. And Jay turned around and crossed her arms "Well no. He doesn't. But he doesn't feel welcome here now, and I wouldn't either if I were him. Now go to your room." She snapped.

Louis stood without another word and walked past the spare room door, hearing broken sniffles; bowing his head, he continued to his room. Five minutes later he heard his mum's car leave the driveway and he groaned, punching his bedroom door. He pulled at his hair in frustration. Why did he do that?! He loves Harry, he does. He just doesn't want to love Harry.