Chapter 4: Questions

There were plenty of things Troye wanted to know.

He had a stampede of questions running amok inside his head, each and every one vying for his attention, begging to be asked. He wanted to know where he was, he knew this was the base of operations for The Resistance, just where was that? Who was he with in here?  And why the fuck did they kidnap him?

 But one question stood out from the rest, and weirdly enough it wasn't a question pertaining to him at all, but a question about someone he was far too curious about.

 He wanted to ask about Tyler Oakley.

 But he decided to keep that to himself for now.

"Where am I?" he asked squinting his eyes, attempting to look around the dark, barren room he was stuck in. There was nothing much in here. It wasn't small, but it wasn't large either. It was comfortable enough to house one person at a time, yet the room's atmosphere seemed too dreary to be considered welcoming. 

"I told you already, you're at the base of The Resistance." Alfie answered too casually for Troye’s taste, but he knew Alfie was being cryptic on purpose.

Troye rolled his eyes, he obviously knew that this wasn't new information to him. "I know, but where the fuck am I?"

Alfie shrugged, an apologetic gleam in his expression. "Sorry, I don't think I’m supposed to be quite that specific, kid."

"I'm not a kid." Troye snapped bravely. "I'm an adult, I can handle myself."

 Maybe not.  Troye thought a second after. He was trapped in a dark room with a gang of criminals. The thought made him deflate a little, sinking back into his cot by the corner.

 Time to move on to his next question.

"Okay." Troye leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees for support as he forced himself to stop twiddling with his thumbs. "Why am I here?"

Alfie’s lips twisted up into an amused smirk.

 "Blame yourself and Luca for that one."

  Troye’s eyebrows crinkled in confusion. "What?"

 Alfie smirk deepened, his face showing his amusement. He decided to answer the boy's question with one of his own. "Why were you in the museum so late anyway?"

 Troye felt the embarrassed blush creep onto his cheeks. He looked away though he knew Alfie could still see his expression. "I just...I was doing some work for my art history class." Troye answered simply, silently crossing his fingers that Alfie wouldn't probe him any further than that.

 "But it was midnight. The museum had been closed for hours.” He countered, his eyes bright with curiosity.

 Troye rolled his eyes in exasperation. Did he really have to relive the embarrassment?

 Alfie just waited, prompting Troye to speak with his raised eyebrows.

 Troye sighed, realizing that he wasn't getting out of this one. He decided to face the situation and just tell him, might as well deal with the embarrassment sooner than later.

 Troye tilted his head, his eyes trained towards the far corner of the room to avoid Alfie's gaze. He could feel his cheeks heat up in a familiar blush.

 Curse my pale skin. Troye thought fleetingly.

 "I, um I- I fell asleep." Troye mumbled while rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

 "You what?" Alfie asked, straining to hear Troye's soft voice and muttered words.

 The younger lad leaned his head back and sighed out tiredly. "I fell asleep on one of the benches. Okay?" he replied bluntly, giving up on being embarrassed.