-04 || Here Lies Melora

────── 〔✿〕──────

────── 〔✿〕──────

iv. FOUR

HERE LIES MELORA

────── 〔✿〕──────

             MELORA NEVER WISHED PAIN UPON THOSE WHOM SHE DETESTED. She may have desired some form of it when she was eleven, but since entering her seventh year at Hogwarts, she could barely remember what it was like to feel the old want. And to see both of the twins and Harry Potter look so utterly destroyed after their recent Quidditch match also somehow managed to hurt her.

     It was another Defence Against the Dark Arts class, first thing in the morning. And to be exact, it was the only lesson that Melora shared seated next to George. On any other day, she would have been fine with sitting beside him. But on that particular day, the two were not on great terms with one another.

     After having his ability to play Quidditch stripped from him permanently, George was in a foul mood. Not least of which because he was then forced to spend an entire lesson beside the cousin of the spoilt git who had gotten him banned, who appeared to be a favourite student of Umbridge's. She knew how frustrated he was to now be sat beside her, especially since he'd been moved there against his own will.

     Directly in front of them sat two of Melora's other friends: Graham Montague - her Quidditch captain - and Ruth Prescott. And once she'd realised what position George was in, Prescott took full advantage of it and seized the chance to mock him. Of course, this was not a rare thing for the girl to do, since she would quite often bully younger students into doing her homework for her, or sometimes force others to take the blame for things that she had so obviously done, so that she could escape detentions.

     "How's your face holding up, Weasley?" she sneered, her voice snarling and sarcastic as she grinned, watching when George's hand rose up to his swollen lip. He glowered at her as she continued to speak. "It must get so embarrassing for you. I mean, Malfoy's not even sixteen yet and he still managed to make a complete fool of you."

     "Yet he wound up with several bruises of his own and enough tears to fill a second Blake Lake," George snapped back. "It was his fault that anything even happened. But Umbridge loves your house. She's doing anything to give you all credit."

     "And you think that that's an issue? I mean, it's not like Dumbledore does the exact same thing to Gryffindor, or anything. So, it's only fair if we get the same treatment, don't you think?" Prescott smirked, earning praise from Montague beside her, who was also struggling to contain the sniggers that he was responding with.

     Melora shook her head at the two in front of her, silently warning them to fall quiet. They looked rather miserable as they turned back around, sulking like small children as their entertainment for the lesson was cut short. But the girl who had put an end to their taunts and jeers had not done it out of sympathy for George, and had not done it because it was disconcerting to her. In fact, she had been saving each of their skins from Umbridge, who came strutting in between desks, suspiciously eyeing each and every student as she did so. Speaking whilst in her classroom proved to be an effortless move, especially when comparing her to Professor Moody from their previous year. Or, if she were to be accurate - Barty Crouch Jr.