-18 || Molliare

────── 〔✿〕──────

────── 〔✿〕──────

xviii. EIGHTEEN

MOLLIARE

────── 〔✿〕──────

             GIVEN THAT SHE HAD JUST CREATED A HIGHLY DANGEROUS POTION, MELORA WAS RATHER DISTRACTED. She'd been slacking a little in the classes that had continued after the event, but she had attempted and given her remaining effort to acting out the innocent role. And so far, it was working; everyone still suspected Prescott to be the creator of the Veritaserum. Melora loathed giving Prescott the credit, but to see her walk to detentions every evening was worth it.

     It was a Saturday, and it was also Melora's final Quidditch match date. Both she and Ilia left the Great Hall rather rapidly with their two other friends who were on the team as to not be too late to the game. Prescott was left to head over to the stands with some other Slytherins, whilst the players had abandoned her in order to make their way into the changing rooms (not that Melora was complaining). And it wasn't long before she could hear the crowds outside as they began congregating and whistling and clapping for their teams.

     The Hufflepuff team was the one in which they were playing against that day. It had become clear to Melora whilst watching her very first Quidditch match that not one person outside her of her own house supported Slytherin. They hadn't been particularly successful at all for the past few years, and their selfishness against others therefore seemed ridiculous. They were so low on victories, that snarkiness only came across as jealousy.

     "We've had zero wins this year," Montague shouted at his teammates once they had all gathered. He glanced at each team member individually, before concluding, "Four of us are about to perform in our last match. You'd better win."

     The group nodded in response. In contrast to what they had been doing for the past year, the Slytherin team was the first to leave their changing room and enter the pitch. Melora only had two supporters from the other houses combined - Fred and George (and she supposed that Lee Jordan could count as another).

     As she and the rest of her team landed in the center of the pitch, beside Madam Hooch, she watched in sorrow as the Hufflepuff team then appeared, earning wild cheers from the students who had gathered. She glanced about at some of the applauding fans, and noticed Dillan Medhurst sat along the front row with his friends. She could recognise them as Anya Deen and David Cawley. The three of them usually had two other people that they hung around with, but both of them were on the Quidditch team - they were her rivals. Hayley Phipps was one of the Beaters, whereas Jodie Summerby was the third Chaser.

     As Melora kicked off from the ground, she immediately felt her stomach start lurching about. They're going to find out, Melora. Someone knows it was you who created that Veritaserum. The Hufflepuff team had considerably upped their performance skills since she had last seen them play against Gryffindor. They had always been quite good at scoring, needless to say, but as the match started, they became unstoppable. She and the rest of the Slytherin team watched, baffled, as the score went up to one hundred against nothing in under ten minutes.