Tying Loose Ends

Here it is! The next chapter! :) I have nearly 70 reads on this story now, can someone please comment and tell me what you think! It would mean so much! Even if you hate the story and you think I'm completely wasting my time, please let me know! I'm literally begging at this stage! Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying this but please please comment! I own nothing of CSI! Please R&R :D

Sara and Greg’s case turned out to be a simple one, the autopsy report had confirmed that the victim managed to shoot himself with the Mac 10. Now they just had to confirm that it was foul play.

This means they were now sat in the break room drinking coffee.

Greg was staring at his phone. At Rachel’s number to be exact.

“You should call her,” Sara said not looking up from the Forensic Journal she was rifling through.

“What?” Greg asked, wondering if he should brush off her comment or not.

“Rachel, you should call her. You’ve been staring at your phone for the past ten minutes, Greg,”

“What if it’s too clingy, I mean I saw her two hours ago,” Greg sighed, leaning back in his chair.

“It’s not too clingy, just send her a text if you think ringing is too much,” Sara tried to suppress a grin as she shrugged.

Greg nodded, exhaling loudly.

A few minutes of silence followed after he sent Rachel a text asking if she was back at the lab yet.

Grissom wanted to let Rachel off so she could spend time with her family but with the mystery of the fingerprint and Ecklie making surprise visits he needed everyone here as much as possible.

Greg had a tendency to miss Rachel when she wasn’t around him, he knew it was all part of the thrill of a new relationship but he couldn’t help but feel really happy whenever she was around. As cliché as that is.

“Greggo!” Nicks voice snapped Greg out of his reverie. “Is a certain brown haired girl playing on your mind, G?”

“Sorry, just thinking,” Greg shook his head trying to keep the goofy grin off his face as Nick laughed.

“Bobby sent me up here to let you know he has the results of your Mac 10 AD”

“Thanks Nicky,” Sara smiled to him as she walked out of the break room, Greg following close behind feeling thankful that the burning in his face was dying down.

I smiled seeing Greg’s name pop up on my phone. I knew what the term as giddy as a school girl meant in detail at this stage.

I text him back saying I was on my way and finished helping Mum load the dishes into the dishwasher.

“He’s a nice boy,” My mum said, glancing at me as she closed the dishwasher and turned the dial.

“Yeah I think so too,” I smiled, looking down at the ground.

“I’m glad you’re happy, honey,” Mum smiled as she gave me a hug.

“That’s good, because I really am happy,” I assured her.

I saw Nicky sitting in the AV lab staring intently at the computer.

“I thought none of the employee’s fingerprints matched the unknown?” I wondered aloud as I walked in and took the chair next to Nick.

“They didn’t, I went banging on some doors earlier with an officer,”

“Ah I see,” I stared at the computer screen as fingerprint after fingerprint came up with a denied match.