Chapter Three - Lovey Dovey

Kanan was worried out of his mind. He kept pacing around the cockpit, trying to connect to Hera's com every five minutes even though she was far out of range. A few times he went into his room to meditate, but returned within half an hour, complaining that he couldn't focus. The rest of the crew barely noticed she was gone. Well they noticed, but they weren't worried. The mission was tough, but so was Hera. It wasn't anything she couldn't handle. Nevertheless, Kanan worried.

"Kanan's officially lost it." Ezra walked into Sabine's room, interrupting her from the kaleidoscope of colour she was painting on her wall.

"He lost it a long time ago." Sabine replied, turning back to her painting.

"Well yeah." Ezra continued. "He's worried about Hera. Sabine, I think he's in love with her."

"What gave you that idea?" Zeb ducked as he entered the room, he probably could've made it through without doing so, but better safe than sorry. His tone was more than sarcastic. "The lovey-dovey nicknames, or the fact they probably makeout on the couch in the commons when we're asleep?" He leaned up against the wall. Ezra imitated him, until Chopper rolled in and straight over his foot. Then Ezra sat on Chopper, much to the droid's disgust.

"Oh joy. We're all in here, all the kids are together." Sabine put down her sprayer and turned to actually engage in conversation with the others, obviously a little annoyed to have been interrupted. "They don't do that..." She paused, as if thinking back. "They probably don't do that... and I wouldn't say all nicknames are lovey-dovey."

"Love." Zeb grumbled, he wasn't angry, but sometimes his voice sounded gruff. Especially when trying to keep his voice down.

"Dear." Ezra added. Chopper made a noise that probably translated to something of the same idea.

"Well obviously those are lovey-dovey, but in a general sense." The boys didn't even understand what Sabine was defending. Sabine didn't really understand herself what she was defending. She changed the subject quickly. "He'll be fine when Hera's back and she'll be back within a rotation. Just give him space."

"Yeah kid. Just give him space." Zeb hit Ezra playfully, almost pushing him off Chopper, who rebuked by speeding out of the room, with Ezra still carefully balanced on top him. Zeb followed and once again it was Sabine and her artwork.

"Bye Sabine!" Ezra screamed as he left the room, Zeb laughed at the young boy.

"Bye Bridger." Sabine smiled to her herself, but she wasn't really sure why she was smiling, so she hurriedly hid her smile away as she carried on painting. That was until Kanan literally ran past her door, towards the cockpit. The rest of the crew assumed the worst, so followed like dogs at his heels, but there was no enemy around. At least not in sight anyway. Rather Kanan frantically surfing com channels and yelling into the system.

"Spectre 2? Spectre 2 do you read?"

No reply. Sabine pushed him out of the way and slid into the pilot's seat, connecting the Ghost to the usual frequency.

"There. Now you can talk to your girlfriend." She rolled her eyes and slid back out as easily as she'd slid in. With elegance but also annoyance.

"Spectre 2? Spectre 2 can you hear me? Hera can you hear me?"

"Yes Darling, I hear you." Hera's voice was staticky but in range. "I'm almost there."

Ezra elbowed Sabine lightly.

"Ooh Darling. That's a new one." He whispered in her ear, Sabine elbowed him back, Smiling again.