Schools

School Descriptions:

Mahoutokoro

Where is it?

Where is it?

This ornate jade palace sits on top of the volcanic island of Minami Iwo Jima in Japan. Great, unless you're afraid of heights.

Why should you go there?

Mahoutokoro isn't a boarding school like Hogwarts, so students are transported there every day on a flock of giant storm petrels. Pretty good if you enjoy your home life.

Pros:

Mahoutokoro has a very passionate Quidditch culture, to the extent that the entire Japanese team cites their time at the school as the reason for being so darn good. Pupils also receive enchanted robes that grow in size as they get older, and change colour the more experienced they get. If they're brilliant, they go gold. Pretty good, and saves a bit of cash from not having to buy new robes every year.

Cons:

If you ever engage in 'illegal practices' (you know, Voldemort-levels of Dark magic, for example) your robes will betray you and turn white – resulting in instant expulsion and a trial.

Anything else I should know?

There is a neighbouring Muggle airbase nearby, so be careful of that.

Uagadou

Where is it?

Where is it?

The Mountains of the Moon, somewhere in Uganda. You'll figure it out.

Why should you go there?

For one, it's the largest of all wizarding schools. It's also a good place for all-rounders: Uagadou promotes wizarding prowess in Astronomy, Alchemy and Transfiguration.

Pros:

The school got a bit of a reputation for the quality of its younger students, many of whom are already adept Animagi. If we were kids, we'd obviously want to turn into animals as soon as possible – so, yes please.