6

Meanwhile, Ino and Naruto went inside the school to talk.

"Why do we have to get in here if it's just for a talk?" Ino asked while Naruto turned to face her.

"Ino, I want to thank you for what you did yesterday. You stood up against Sasuke, that was really brave dattebayo'!" he said with a warm smile that made the Yamanaka giggle a bit.

"Ah, no problem Naruto! It was the right thing to do. I had to do it." she said.

"You had to do it?"

"I can't stand people that takes advantages of others out of power. And the way he was beating you was really hard. I was worried that you might end in the hospital."

Naruto watched speechless how the Yamanaka talked about yesterday's fight. He couldn't believe it but he felt something, a special feeling towards her. The Uzumaki haven't felt like this in a long time.

"I...I uh...wow I really appreciate that Ino" he scratched his head. "Man, I'm really sorry for worrying you that much about me. I promise it won't ever happen again!"

"Don't worry about that" she replied with a smile. "So this makes us officially friends?"

"If you like that, then yes!!!" he yelled in excitement as Neji and Hinata passed through them. Naruto suddenly showed concern as they walked in with sad faces.

"What's wrong?" Ino said as she turned around,  watching the Hyugas walk. "Ohh, Hinata! Neji! What's wrong with you? Why are you so sad?"

"We cannot talk right now. Hinata-sama.." Neji urged her cousin to go out with him. The Hyuga mantained her head down, but she couldn't stop her blushing as she passed through Naruto. He only gave her a sad nod.

"That...was weird.." Ino said confused. "Do you have any idea of whats going on with them?"

"It's...a long story" Naruto said as he watched them go. "I tried to gave her a new perspective of life...but I failed."

Ino stood silent as Naruto walked away from her in a sad tone. She didn't know what was happening but she surely knew that weird things were happening at the academy she was attending.

History class passed as normal as ever. Kakashi-sensei gave his usual lecture but somehow, the Yamanaka couldn't focus on class. She noticed the Hyuga's sudden absence in the classroom, and began to worry.

She turned to Sakura. "Hey, do you know why Hinata and Neji left the school?" she whispered as she noticed the Haruno flinch, confirming her that something bad was going on.

"They were called by Hinata's father." she replied. "It's a complicated situation. But I can't tell you right now."

"I believe, Sakura and Ino could share with us the little story you're talking about." Kakashi said with his usual tone as everyone turned to them.

"Sorry Kakashi-sensei" Ino muttered as Sakura turned away. "It won't happen again."

"That's what I thought." he said before he continued with the class.

Once school was over, Ino amd Sakura were about to take their walk home but suddenly Naruto joined them.

"Ino! Sakura!" he yelled as he came close to them. "Let's go eat ramen dattebayo!!"

"Again Naruto?!? Don't you ever eat something else?" Sakura said.

"Well yeah, but I really really really want ramen!! Come on, it's my treat!" he said.

"You never pay your own ramen, Naruto." she said.

"Come on, Sakura! It's Friday! It can't be that bad!" Ino said as the Haruno gasped.

"Who are you and what have you done to Ino? Wait..." she turned angrily to Naruto. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER NARUTOOO!!!"

"I-It wasn't me I swear!!!" he said in fear as Ino stepped in between.

"Calm down guys. Now let's go!" she said with giggles.