chapitre deux pt. ii

"Where shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning, or in rain? When the hurlyburly's done, when the battle's lost and won."

- Shakespeare, Macbeth

They had been driving for nearly three hours. The trip taking longer than necessary due to all the stops they made. Houses started appearing in the periphery, interrupting the endless stream of trees and bark. They were so close now, to the manor. To home.

It was indeed a home, the witches had. A beautiful house, completely isolated from human presence, and yet, a sanctuary for all Circle members. A peaceful place of rest, and safety, to practice the magical arts and be among their kind.

Kora, had been driving for the past half hour. Anxiety gripping at her edges. She was sweating, her hands slipping against the steering wheel. Her tiredness had left, replaced by worry.

She wasn't sure how she was going to face Tahlia, not after what happened last time. And she was not sure, how she was going to talk to the other witches, whom she hadn't seen in months.

Soft music was playing in the background. A calming tune that managed to distract her anxious mind. Silver was staring out of the window, twirling a white strand of hair, around her dark manicured finger.

"What I said about my grandmother being in the only family left. I... I didn't mean. You are family too, and so is the Circle."

Kora continued to stare straight ahead on the road. Trying to remember the way to the manor. What she had said, hovered over them both, a rain-filled cloud that would not dissipate.

"I know, Kora. You don't need to explain. Not to me."

"I am sorry."

"I think, I should be the one to say sorry. I was too... forceful."

"You would think I would be used to it, after what? Thirteen years?" Kora replied, laughing. Her friend was incredibly pushy, and did not have a real sense of personal boundaries. Kora's personal bubble had been shattered for years now.

"Ça va, c'est bon. I got it."

"Promise me, not to leave me alone with Tahlia."

"You know I can't promise that."

Kora sighed. She had to find some buffer between her and the Supreme. Something, to absorb that quiet fury that she remembered so well.

"Well, haven't you had any of your voodoo dreams that could shed some light on how this weekend is going to go?"

"My "voodoo dreams" don't work like that. And plus, they have been a bit weird lately."

More houses and shops materialised on the either side of the car. The roads got smaller, and the cars slower. It was still a grey day. The wind softly caressed the leaves, people huddled in their jackets. There was this harmony, in this place, in the countryside, she could not find in London. It was a deep breath of fresh air, she didn't know she needed.

Silver was not looking at her. She looked outside, far away from where they were. All the way to the manor perhaps. Or maybe, she was just remembering her dreams. A strange gift, she had had since a child. Not as common as one would think, the Sight. It does not have the practical uses Kora thought. Silver never dreamed of about an exam or test, during school, or about our future boyfriends.

They were always just images, flashes, of a random event. Yet, Kora felt as if Silver never fully shared the extents of her power. With her, or anyone. It was