Paw Prints

Sophia woke up with a start and untangled herself from Luna's arms. She ran her hands through her hair as she recalled her dream. She relived the attack from past night. Shakily, she stood up and glanced at Luna. She looked beautiful and calm. Her arms grasped on to thin air. Sophia cursed herself for allowing this to happen. She was a emotional wreck last night. She didn't like Luna. She repeated that phrase to herself so much, she almost believed it. Almost. Sophia sighed and wrapped a silk dressing gown around herself. She padded softly and silently out of the room. She walked downstairs to the enormous kitchen. Harry and Alice were always hungry. She flicked her hair over her shoulder as she entered. She opened the first cupboard that came into view. "Sophia." She jumped a mile off the ground and swung round, instantly ready to attack. Vincent stood, staring at her with a raised eyebrow. She sighed and released the tension from her body. "I'm so sorry, Vincent. I'm just slightly... wary. After last night. Are you alright?" She stuttered. Vincent smiled sadly. She knew that, whatever sadness she felt, his was much, much worse. "Thank you for your concern, Sophia. I would like to say that I am well. But most of my friends died last night." He paused for a moment, carefully choosing his words. "And two young girls found out that they don't have a choice in love last night. I can say that these are dark times. And no one, no one at all, would blame you for refusing. But I sense that you won't. Because you care about others. And are willing to lose your happiness and your choices to save them. Thank you, child" Vincent sighed. Sophia pulled him into a hug. Sophia usually hid her softer side. But around people she trusted, she would open up. Vincent declared "But maybe it will not be as awful as you may think. And remember. You cannot pretend. You must love her." Then he walked away. She brushed away her tears and found a blood orange. She ate it, before making some pancakes layered in chocolate sauce and pouring a glass of juice. She placed them on a tray and walked to her room. Sophia opened the door to see Luna's bare back. She marvelled at the werewolf's perfectly tanned skin and all the little marks that dotted it. She noticed a long scar and decided to ask her about it later. Luna's back was soon covered by some grey fabric. Sophia placed the tray on a table by her sofa. Luna spun round, looking shocked. Sophia gestured to the tray. Luna grinned widely and attacked the food. Sophia stifled a giggle. "How long will you be staying with us?" She asked coldly. Luna stared up at her with wide, beautiful, golden eyes. "I-I'm not sure. I don't think it would be safe for another day or two. I'm sorry" Luna stuttered. She was worried about the vampire's reaction. Sophia shook her head. "No, it's fine. Um... I never really... thanked you for last night. I appreciate how hard that must have been. You didn't have to do that-"
"Yeah, I did"
"Why?"
"Because... look, I care about my race. And I'm pretty sure you care about yours. So we have no choice. Deal with it. And stop trying to push me away. Please."

Luna finished her rant and sighed. Sophia stood there in shock. Luna kicked herself. Sophia hated her now. "Ok. Fine. I'll get you home tomorrow... and I'll come. To stay." Luna's mouth was agape. She couldn't believe her ears. "You mean, f-forever?" She asked. "No. Until we fufill the prophecy and defeat the dark wolves. And I'm bringing Harry, Ria and Alice" Luna grinned and nodded. "I like your reckless side, beautiful." Sophia blushed and hid behind her gorgeous blonde hair. Luna smirked. She loved the effect she had on the vampire. But Sophia didn't know the effect she had on Luna. Luna hoped Sophia would never find out. "That's not going to be easy, Sophs. The dark werewolves would see and smell you from a mile off" Luna deadpanned. "Not if we look and smell like wolves. And don't call me Sophs" the vampire grimaced. "Whatever you say, Sophs." Sophia sighed in frustration and walked gracefully out of the room. Luna leaned against one of the black posts of the four-poster bed with a childish grin on her face. Yesterday, she hated the very thought of having to love Sophia. Now she relaised how lucky she was. Pulling herself out of the trance, she walked to the ivory wardrobe. After finding suitable outfits for her and Sophia, she transformed and shredded the clothes. She changed back and marvelled at her work. She made sure Sophia's top was extra shredded to distract from her vampireness (and for personal reasons). Luna then walked out of the room and looked around the mighty castle until she found the room she thought was the ginger vampire's, Alice or something like that. She knocked. The brunette answered the door. What was her name? Tia... no, Ria. "Hi Ria" Luna grinned sheepishly. "Hi. Let me guess, you're here to pick our outfits for tomorrow" Ria squealed. Luna stared at her, impressed. "Sophia told us." Ria dragged her into the room. "Start with Alice's and then do mine" Ria jumped with excitement. Alice grinned and looked almost as excited. Luna rummaged through the wardrobe, surrounded by various shades of green and black. Eventually, she found a casual green t-shirt which she ripped at the shoulder, a green parka with a fur trim, grey jeans and black combat boots. Alice marvelled at the outfit, while Ria fawned over it. When Alice tried it on, Ria looked like she was about to spontaneously combust. "Wow! You...y-you look incredible, Alice" Ria declared, love written across her face. Alice blushed and yelled "Ria's turn!" Luna was then led into what she assumed to be Ria's room. After digging through the contents of a very purple filled wardrobe, Luna found the perfect outfit. Brown ankle boots, shredded black tights, a short purple skater skirt, a navy blue top with small white birds decorating it and a plum coloured leather jacket. Alice's jaw dropped to the ground when Ria strutted out in her outfit. "My work here is done" Luna murmured to herself. "You've got to do Harry now" Alice insisted. Ria nodded enthusiastically. Half an hour later, Harry was modelling brown combat boots, shredded brown jeans and a ripped white t-shirt. As Harry, Ria and Alice complimented each other on their outfits, Luna heard a beautiful, silky voice singing clearly. Sophia. She turned away from the door and saw three expectant vampires staring at her. She gulped. "You like her, don't you?" Ria asked. Luna fumbled for an answer, before mumbling "yes". Ria squealed and Harry and Alice showed brief signs of happiness before glaring at her again. "You seem nice. But we don't know you" Alice stated. Harry picked up where she left off. "So hurt her and you won't have a throat anymore" Harry and Alice smirked in unison. Tiny Ria gave a wide smile to scare Luna even more. Luna saluted. Then, the rest of the day went by in a blur. Food, swimming in a lake with Sophia (which really pleased Luna), arguing with Sophia, talking to Sophia, being with Sophia. Falling for Sophia.

Sophia woke up with a feeling of dread. Not only because they were trying to get into Camp Pine without being attacked, but because... she couldn't stop her feelings for Luna. The werewolf's heavy sighs reminded Sophia that she had company. She stared at Luna's face. Beautiful, layered black hair fell across her gorgeously shaped face. Dark brown lips parted occasionally to allow a simple breath to leave the strong girl. Thick lashes that concealed golden pools for eyes. Tanned, smooth, skin that covered every inch of her. An hourglass figure and a flat stomach. Sophia stared lovingly at her, before rising out of bed and looking at the outfit Luna picked for her. Knee length black boots, a short, tight, charcoal skirt, a black leather jacket and a absolutely shredded grey tank top that barely covered anything. Sophia wondered if Luna did that on purpose and, oddly, smiled. She got dressed and went to leave the room, only to see Luna yawning and running her eyes like a newborn cub. "Morning, Sophs." Sophia rolled her eyes but, despite her act, loved hearing Luna call her that. "Wow. I've never seen a more gorgeous creature in my life" Luna smirked. Sophia once again hid behind her hair. She couldn't take a compliment and with Luna, it was ten times worse. She was so conflicted about her feelings for the wolf. Soon, Luna was dressed in white jeans, a ripped white top, brown riding boots and a long black jacket. Sophia gasped as she stared at this beauty in front of her. "Like what you see?" Luna winked. Sophia rolled her eyes and walked out. She couldn't believe this. The stone-cold vampire was falling in love with the flirtatious werewolf. It should have been a positive development considering the prophecy, but her distrust of werewolves stopped her. Her parents had died because of their trust. Would she make the same mistake?