TRIM ||2

Leslie Brown

"Oh my god," Leslie groaned fluttering her eyes open while she and her alarm clock had a staredown.

The clock read '9:00 am' and she silently cursed to herself realizing she was an hour late in picking up her cousin from the airport.

"Leslie get the fuck up, you were supposed to pick up milah an hour ago." Her mother banged on the outside of her room door.

Rolling her eyes all the way back to her head, Leslie rolled over on the side of her stomach in search of her phone. Once she got a hold on it, she pressed down on the home button and slightly grinned at the messages her cousin Milah had sent her.

Quickly getting off the bed she showered for 30 minutes and brushed her teeth thoroughly. After she was done she put on her black lace bra and matching underwear and pulled over her light washed shorts and a black T-shirt.

"Leslie" her mother called out sternly banging one last final time.

"Ma' I'm done, I'm done," Leslie said while rubbing deodorant under her arms and spraying herself with perfume.

"Milah was supposed to be here already. I told you going out last night wasn't a good idea."

"Why didn't you just go get her for me?" She asked pulling open her door.

"Did I tell her I was picking her up, or did you?" Her mother said smartly.

"But you were up before me." Leslie pointed her index finger at her mother before pointing it at herself.

"But Who agreed to pick her up?"

"Bye Ma' " Leslie shook her head, grabbing her keys off the rack and left out the front door.

Arriving at the airport exactly at 10:38 am Leslie sent a quick text to Milah letting her know she had arrived. Milah being the type of person she was made her way outside the airport at exactly 12:00 pm.

"I got here 2 hours ago, what the hell." Leslie hit the end button on the call she was currently making to Milah.

"You were supposed to pick me up at 8:00 am, what the hell," Milah said angrily as she and another person put her bags into the back of the car.

"So you telling me you stayed in there for an extra 2 hours just to get me mad?" Leslie chuckled while turning her head around to face Milah.

"I was actually occupied on my phone." She waved her phone around. "Texting my customers, letting them know that I changed locations, and where they can locate me if they need their hair done."

"You told them, people, where we lay our head at? Bitch I know you lieng." Leslie popped her eyes open.

"Stop talking to me before I get more mad." Milah rolled her eyes as she thanked whoever was helping her.

"Okay fine, Milah I'm so very sorry for getting here extra late. I went out last night and was tired as hell." Leslie stuck her bottom lip out as Milah entered the car strapping her seatbelt on.

"Buy me some food and just maybe, I'll forgive you."

"My broke ass." Leslie smirked starting up the car getting ready to pull out into the street.

"Aren't you working? Don't tell me them hoes put their hands on you again." Milah got serious looking at Leslie.

"Actually I quit. It was too much niggas grabbing up on me while I was dancing, I wasn't getting no type of respect." Leslie smacked her lips. "Just because I dance for money don't mean I'm a hoe, niggas just don't understand that."