Chapter |22|

|Naruto|

I sighed as I watched Hinata sit down at the table. She was going to ask for permission to go on a date with that loser Toneri.

The food was already out but we awaited for my parents. I picked up my fork them played with my mash potatoes. I forced a smile while I looked down.

"Say Hinata, how about instead of going out with Toneri tomorrow, you go with me?" I said. I looked up. She simply looked at me sharply,

"No I'm alright, I've had enough of you this week." She said. I sighed.

"But Hinata, what if I want to go out?" I asked. This was true, tomorrow was Friday, what if I wanted to go outside.

This time she looked down.

"I guess that's true, this is my job, the only reason I'm here in the first place."

Her words suddenly hit me in my heart, even if I wasn't sure of my feelings completely I knew that I wanted Hinata to live a normal life, a normal Highschool life.

"Fine, you win. You can go out with Toneri, matter of fact, you can have the weekend off, I'll just stay home. " I said. Before shoving mash potatoes down my throat.

This was something way out of my selfless ways, I mean I go out every weekend, I never stay home. When I looked up she even seemed shocked.

But my eyes widened when her cheeks flushed and she looked to the side covering her mouth, making me blush because she looked cute and flowers popped up around her.

"What's this? The selfish monkey player man is letting me have a break, is this a dream?"

Flowers died like always before I rolled my eyes.

But finally my mother arrived before sitting down. She greeted us then the chiefs. She then began talking to Hinata and eating. While all I could think was how my dad wouldn't be joining us. I wouldn't say I don't appreciate my dad, I mean yeah I can be a brat but I know my dad works to keep this family fed, but sometimes my own selfishness caused me to act this way. I'm selfish, even since I was a kid.

Like for example. I get a toy that hasn't been released yet, a toy that only I received for myself, then suddenly everyone gets the same toy and causes me to want to collect all of the toys to keep them to myself because I knew the toy longer. My own selfish...jealousy.

My eyes shot to Hinata before my mouth gaped, Hinata is basically the...same to me. I knew her longer, and she was by my side first, now suddenly she's getting friends and a boy likes her.

Hinata's eyes found mine, so I quickly looked away embarrassed.

"Kushina-san?"

"Yes dear?" Mom asked. I looked back at them.

"I..could I have tomorrow night off of work, I'd like to attend a personal event." Hinata said. I hear the embarrassment in her voice. I could hear the fear, Why was she scared.

"Huh?"

Hinata looked down. As if she knew the answers was no.

"Of course sweetie, you can take a break, right Naruto?" Mom turned to me. I tilted my lip trying not to speak, I really didn't want Hinata to go but..I nodded.

Hinata again looked shocked but a soft smile spread on her lips, and I felt pleasure from seeing it. Though I probably would want to tag along if I could.

Hinata thanked the two of us before excusing herself. I sighed deeply before my mom laughed.

"What? Upset because you don't get to have a cute girl by your side this weekend?" My mom teased I closed my eyes.

"Yes.." I admitted before I heard the table slam.

"Hah? You..want Hinata to stay?" She asked shocked blushing. I opened my eyes before staring at her blankly. Before scratching the back of my head.

"Of..Of course not. I'm just disappointed that I can't go out to be with a cute girl, plus you know Hinata might be dating this one guy." I said, embarrassed.

She lifted a brow.

"What? Hinata?" Mom asked shocked once again.

"She's going on a date tomorrow, though she doesn't think it's a date." I said. Mom crossed her arms thinking.

"But the pairing was working so well, how come.."

I furrowed a brow before standing up.

"Hah!? Mom stop mumbling to yourself! I'm going to sleep!" I yelled before putting my plate in the sink before saying my good nights to go to sleep.

I stomped up stairs and as I walked to my room, I stopped by Hinata's door, as it was opened. Her back was facing me as she brushed her hair. I felt my mouth become dry suddenly.

And my cheeks flush slightly, before I gritted my teeth together. I walked to my room before putting my face into my pillow. I know I said I wouldn't give up on making Hinata like me, but what if all I'm feeling is me being twisted and selfish.

I've known Hinata more then a month now, and everyday I feel like I enjoy most of it. If only I was sure, if I knew I was in love or could fall in love. I feel too broken to know what's what. But I do know that I want Hinata to be happy. From the very beginning I've always wanted her to be happy.

Her cold glare, her never smiling face, I never knew someone like this besides Sasuke of course. But Hinata was different, she seemed like she had the potential to be happy, but it wasn't there, and for some reason I wanted to take the role of making her happy.

Stupid huh, I claim I like her but I just want to help her out. Maybe...setting her up with Toneri will..help her out.

I felt myself grit my teeth more. No I don't want it, I don't..

*Knock Knock*

"Come in" I said.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked. I got up from my pillow before facing her. She held my sweater that I had lent her when we went to the mall.

"My sweater." I said. She nodded.

"I guess I forgot to give it back, do you want me to wash it?" She asked. I shook my head before extending my arms.

"Just give it to me. " I said. She walked over to me before putting it in my hands.

"Here you go." She simply said. I looked down at it before looking up at her, when did her cold glare change? I mean it changed a little. Why does she look cute just looking at me.

"Thanks," I said. She nodded before turning away.

"Also thank you, Naruto-san for letting me go out tomorrow, I highly appreciate it." She said turning her head before turning the corner. I cringed from her talking to me so unformally.

But suddenly I looked down at the sweater and my hands they did something I thought I'd never do. I pressed the sweater to my face. Hugging it after.

"Ahhhh, It smells like Hinata.."

|Hinata|

I froze, I had my back against the wall separating our bedroom doors. I wouldn't have been frozen if I just hadn't almost walked back into his room to ask him something that I've already forgotten.

Why was he hugging the sweater? Why did he say it smelled like me? Why was my heart beating. Did I smell bad? How does he know how I smell? Should I have washed it?

"Arg! Just what in the hell am I doing!?" I heard his voice crack before getting up to close the door.

I for one simply put both hands on my cheeks feeling the heat. This was dumb, I don't understand.