chapter 4

After an intense few minutes, Zacky pulled his mouth away from Brian's so they could both get some much needed air into their lungs. Smiling, he wiped the tears from his husband's face, pressed a peck to his lips and then rested his forehead to Brian's.

"I...Z-Zacky...I c-can't believe you're r-really h-here," Brian whispered, holding onto his husband tightly as if he feared the other man would disappear if he didn't.

"I'm home, baby, and I'm not goin' anywhere," Zacky murmured, holding Brian just as tightly to him as he was being held in his husband's tattooed arms.

Brian smiled brightly, but then frowned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What's the matter, Bri?" Zacky asked in concern. 

"Uhm...what about Matt? Did he come home, too? Or..."

"Of course, I came home, too, Gates!" Matt exclaimed, coming out of his hiding place and wrapping his arms around his fiancee, his smile and deep-set dimples on full display. "Sorry about not being in uniform, but I save that when I have to wear it. Or for Ziah only."

"Damn, and I was so looking forward to that, too!" Brian mocked disappointment with a smirk and twinkling eyes. "There's only one man that looks hot in his uniform to me and that's my husband."

"Way to break my heart, Brian!" Matt sighed sadly, clutching at his chest.

Ziah rolled her eyes in exasperation and shook her head. "Will you two knock it off."

"C'mon, baby." Zacky pulled Brian's hand into his own and started to pull him back into the house. "We have to say good night to Bertie and Nixie and then go."

Brian arched an eyebrow in confusion. "Why do we have to say good night to the kids here? Where are we going?"

"Baby, we're goin' home."

"Why can't we take Bertie and Nixie with us?"

Zacky shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Because, we need a little...alone time tonight. We haven't had any for months and I know I can't wait any longer."

"Oh," Brian whispered, his heart beating rapidly in anticipation.

"Bro, I am trying to keep my lunch down. I don't need any images of you two and alone time," Matt groaned.

"Oh, shut up, Matt. You're just upset because you have to wait until tomorrow for alone time with me," Ziah smirked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After kissing and hugging Liberty and Phoenix good night and bidding good night to Matt and Ziah, Zacky and Brian left, hand-in-hand the whole time as Brian drove them back home for the first time in several months; actually closer to a year. As Brian showered and got himself ready for his husband, something in which he insisted he had to do before they could do any kind of reuniting in the x-rated sense of the word, Zacky changed out of his uniform and pulled on a pair of boxers.

Humming to himself, Zacky went around the room, dropping rose petals in varying shades on the floor and up to and on the king-sized bed. He lit all the candles he set up around the room, flipped off the lights and then sat on the wooden trunk at the foot of the bed to wait for his husband to finish his preparations. He got up to his feet a couple minutes later, once the bathroom door started to open slowly.

"Zacky?" Brian asked, eyes widening at the candle-lit room and the rose petals laying around everywhere.

Zacky just couldn't wait anymore. He wanted to kiss Brian and show him how he felt, how much he'd missed him, how much he'd never leave him again. He crossed the small distance between them, leaned upward and pressed his lips to Brian's, hands resting on his husband's muscular shoulders. Brian let out a low groan as his hands automatically rested on Zacky's hips, palming them gently until he decided he wanted, needed, more and gripped them tightly, pulling their hips together.