♡ ten

"i hate to say this, but i'm glad that you and aspen are hanging out tonight."

maci glared at olivia, and crossed her arms. "what the fuck, olivia? what about ethan?"

olivia shrugged. "what about ethan? you know he's fucking ashley again, right?"

i felt my heart drop to my stomach. "that's where the love bites came from?"

both maci and olivia took a seat next to me, on my bed.

"grayson pulled me aside before we left the club. you were sleepy and super drunk , so maci decided to bring you back here," olivia fiddled with her thumbs.

maci rested her hand on my shoulder. "okay, what did he say?"

"he was about to pick up his boyfriend and girlfriend, and i love them both, so he asked me to come with him." she took a deep breath. "when we picked them up, melody was asking if ethan had a girlfriend. we said no, and she showed us ashley's snap story. when he left the club early, he went to go see ashley."

my heart was racing. "what was on the story?"

olivia gulped. "there was a picture of him in her bed, a picture of ethan's scratched up back, and a picture of the hickies he gave her."

"i can't say that i'm surprised, sadly. not even a little bit," i laughed bitterly. "i don't get why he lied to me, about that self-sabotage thing."

maci pulled away. "hold on, what did you say?"

at this point, i was extremely confused. "he basically told me that he was really impulsive, and whenever something good comes into his life, he feels the need to fuck it up."

"let me text grayson, i think that you two need to talk." olivia's fingers moved furiously across her iphone's keyboard.

i bit the inside of my cheek, and looked over at liv. "i don't think that's a good idea, right now. aspen's waiting in the parking lot, and i think that i need a little time to process all of this."

she set her phone down, and nodded. "i guess you're right. please tell me you'll talk to him when you come back, though?"

i nodded, and slid on my nude pumps. "yeah, of course. i'll see you guys later."

the walk through the hallway seemed a lot longer than it actually was, possibly because of how anxious i was. for some reason, i kept feeling as if i was going to end up seeing ethan.

unfortunately, my assumptions were correct. ethan showed up, from the opposite direction than i was going. he was with ashley, and we were about to cross paths.

he and i made eye contact. i had never seen a guiltier look, than the one on ethan's face.

"brie... are you going somewhere?" his voice was almost inaudible.

ashley punched ethan's arm, and scoffed. "what the fuck is wrong with you? she's not your girlfriend, i am. stop talking to her."

girlfriend.

i rolled my eyes, and opened up the door that led to the parking lot. "yeah, i am going somewhere. now leave me the fuck alone."

when the door closed behind me, i searched the parking lot for aspen's car. i was walking for a total of ten seconds, before i heard loud, muffled music blasting. a sleek, black car pulled up next to me.

he rolled down the window, and motioned for me to come in. "you look hot as fuck, princess. are you ready?"

"you got a new car?" i stared at the car in awe as the door raised itself past the roof. "a maybach?"

aspen nodded, and held my hand as i got in. "i've always wanted one of these." he pressed a button, which caused the door to return to its normal spot.

"i really like it."

i was all smiles, until my phone chirped loudly. my heart dropped to my stomach again, as i read the message.

ethan

i'm so fucking sorry.

let me take you to dinner

tonight?

i rolled my eyes, and put my phone under my thigh.

aspen waited to drive off. he took his hands off of the steering wheel, and gave me a concerned look. "is everything alright?"

"everything's peachy. let's go."

a/n: even though i wrote this book, i'm still living for the drama.