33 | knj

He was supposedly just a close friend there to fill in personal information of Kim Taehyung - the orphan he had found potential in. No one knew the idol's background story except him, the one who took him in and trained him to become the person he was today. They never spoke of the past but the young idol was forever grateful for his savior.

As he watched the male he basically raised with his own hands, he felt a pang in his heart. The doctors had spoken to him that morning. The impact of the accident had hit him full full-forced. There was a slim chance that the male lying on the hospital bed would wake up let alone perform again. And if he did wake up, there was chances of amnesia. He wanted to keep the younger male on life support and the doctors suggested otherwise. They did not want their patient to suffer more than he already had. But he was persistent. He knew the male well over the years and he had to admit that the younger was one of the strongest people he has ever met, physically and mentally.

There were thousands of fans camping outside the hospital, he knew. These fans would rather worry about the young idol instead of themselves. The company had sent representatives to constantly reassure the fans that the young idol was doing just fine and was taking time to rest. Yet they still stayed, hoping to catch a glimpse of said idol being well. 

He tore his gaze away from the male on the hospital bed and stepped out. The bodyguards guarding the hospital room had changed shifts since the time he arrived. They bowed at him and he returned the bow before leaving. His phone vibrated in his pants pocket and he picked up to Yoongi complaining about some thing that happened in the apartment they stayed in. He replied with a few sentences before ending the call and continued towards the lift and took it down to the vehicle parking area.

He was the only person who could come and go with leisure. Most only knew his name and not his face - he wasn't as famous on the street as he was underground. Only on occasions were when a fan would recognize him and ask for an autograph. But apart from that, he was safe from fans running behind him and disrupting his time spent on visiting his old friend. 

As he drove back to the studio, his mind was whirling with thoughts of how to deal with the younger's public as well as personal life. It was easy to deal with his public appearance since the company need only release reports on his health, which is something they could fabricate easily and the fans would eat it up and believe in his health. His personal life on the hand, he thought, he had someone else to deal with. Hoseok, his mind reminded. The person he least expected to have to deal with was Hoseok, his bubbly fan who was sometimes blank and at most times, brilliant with his producing skills. Hoseok was someone smart and with the rate that things were going, he figured that Hoseok might easily find out that the person texting back was not who he had expected.

He shook his head and focused on driving. All his thoughts need to stop. Right now, he had to focus on his job. The company was still pending newly produced tracks for the other artistes, of course. And he was never one to be late to meet the deadline and have those artistes topping the charts. Yes, he thought, right now he had to focus on his job.