{Moving}

"Alisha, have you finished packing up?", her mom shouted down the stairs.

Alisha stood up from her bed and walked towards an open luggage.
"Almost", she replied back as she folded her jeans.

"Be quick, would you? Tom's almost here", her mom replied back, her voice getting closer.

Alisha rolled her eyes at the sound of his name. Tom. She threw her unfolded shirt in the luggage.
"I still don't know why we have to move to a different city. We don't even know anyone there", Alisha said to her mom, who had appeared in front of her room.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it's for your own benefit? This city is getting dangerous every day. I don't want you being around those hooligans.....", her mom replied back, folding her arms as she looked at her daughter.

"-Thugs", Alisha corrected.

"Yes, thugs. Heaven knows I don't want to talk or even see those filthy scumbags". Her mom had appeared in her view, leaning on her room door.

Alisha giggled.

"What's so funny?", her mom asked in confusion.

"What makes you think New York's better?", Alisha asked angrily.

Her mom just stared at her.
"Cause Tom said so", she simply replied back.

Alisha couldn't believe her ears and scoffed out loudly.

"Cause Tom said so? Mum, why do you trust him that easily? As far as I know, New York's worse!". Alisha felt herself burning with anger. Her mom still was ignorant to her sudden behavior.

"Baby, you know this isn't for me, it's for you. You know with your condition, you can't live in this dangerous-", her mom began, hoping to explain the topic clearer.

"I have no condition", Alisha interrupted, her anger now  clearly noticeable to her mom.

"You can't deny it, baby. You can't live here with your sickness. Trust me baby, New York's better for your-", her mom tried to explain.

"I CAN LIVE HERE, MOM. NOTHING'S WRONG WITH ME!!!", Alisha shouted. Now she had done it, again.

Her mom sighed. She wanted to say something, but stopped when she saw a tear roll down from Alisha's eyes.

"Baby-". Her mom reached out to console her but Alisha stepped back before she could feel her arms.

"Can you let me pack my stuffs? Please?", she said, her voice breaking.

Not knowing what to say, her mom left her room and closed her door, quietly. As soon as Alisha heard her mom's footsteps grow further, she squared down and bursted into tears. She sniffed and cried, clutching one of her shirt to her chest.

"Why do you always agree with Tom?", she sighed. She burried her face onto her hands.

She could hear her mom's phone conversation with Tom downstairs.

"All you ever think about is Tom. Ugh, what's wrong with you, Alisha? Always getting angry and crying", she said to herself, hitting her chest.

After a while of crying, she took her last sniff, cleaned her face with the back of her palm, and went back to arranging.

Several minutes later, she packed all her belongings and placed them outside her room. She then went down to apologize to her mom, only to find out her mom wasn't alone.

"Mom?", she called out behind her mom.
Her mom stopped talking and looked back to see her with her gaze fixed straight to the visitor.

"Oh, are you done?", her mom said with a bright smile. Tom has this effect on you?