Chapter Three

Daniel's point of view

I know it is wrong but I don't want anyone else to be able to make her happy, to love her. I want to be the only lover in her life.

The Moon Goddess has cursed me. She has to know how much I love Calina, how fast I would give up my life for her. But this, this, I don't think I can handle.

We told each other that we were going to be with each other for the rest of our lives. She told me that we were forever. She said said that her mate would never come between us, and I said the same.

I know that a mate is a special gift from the Moon Goddess herself. But, is she really allowed to forget me for someone she doesn't know?

The answer is yes, but I push it to the back of my mind. She deserves to have the one chance at having her mates love. But the part of me that wants her to be mine is bigger. And I will do whatever it takes to keep her mine.

Calina's point of view

I stare into his golden eyes and sigh. How did I end up with a man like this? I laugh at a joke he makes and I watch as his eyes light up with delight. This is what I want, to be happy.

That's when I remember Daniel. I can't bare to think about what he is feeling. I can't believe that this guy's pretty face and charms have made me forget him. He smiles again and sits there, patiently.

"Wha...what did you say?" I blush, how did I zone out that much? He chuckles and dimples appear in his cheeks. I have to dig my nails into my palm to stop from reaching out and tracing them.

"What are you going to do about your husband?" He asks, looking serious now. I pause, what was I going to do about him? I shake my head. "I honestly don't know." I tell him truthfully. He sighs and leans his head towards mine.

Is he going to kiss me? No, his forehead rests on mine and he breaths in. His minty breath washes over me as he exhales. "Neither do I." He whispers before leaving. I instantly miss his warmth and the feeling of love that comes with him being near. Why did I have to meet my mate this late?

Leonardo's pint of view

Just the thought of her being married set my wolf on edge, I dont know what to do about it. It's obvious he loves her. And the way they acted around each other, well, they love each other.

I don't want to tear them away from each other, yet I don't want her to be with another man. I sigh and rest my head against the cool glass of the cab. Trees pass by in a blur as I fade into my thoughts. The sorrow on Daniel's face when he learned we we're mates was quickly masked by a happy façade. I've met men who put the feelings of the girl they loved first and I always thought that they were the best kind.

I seen the worry that was on his face when he heard of the disaster. And I knew he loved her, with everything he had. I can't bare to let that love turn into either hate for me or for what they could have been. I've had too many enemies in my lifetime, I don't need anymore. That's when I come up with the decision to reject my beautiful and loving mate. It pains me to even think the words but I know I have to do it.