Chapter I~ Source Of The Curse

Third Point Of View

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" The ball dropped in the early dawn. "Happy new year!" The entire room celebrated this new year while forgetting some mistakes made. "Gather around peeps!" One of Y/n's friends exclaimed. Y/n rushed in with a tray of freshly made cookies. As the party host, Y/n had to provide for her/his friends. The TV cut to black as everyone began to crowd around a table. Chairs filled with faces of friends as the lights all dimmed down. Y/n rested the cookies on top of a nearby table and took a seat. Blake came in with a wooden board. "Gather around peeps! It's time for some spooky fun!" He announced. A candle had become lit as everyone got much closer to the board.

In the dark light, revealed a oujia board with a planchette. Y/n looked over at Christina who didn't like the presence of the spirit board. "B-B-B-Blake?" Christina asked. "Don't give me that look." Blake started. "Party pooper!" Susie yelled. Blake took a seat in front of the board. With the table filled with 6, some were squished. Especially Y/n. Blake put a hand on the planchette with others doing the same. Christina hesitated before resting a hand. Y/n held Christina's other hand and reassured her/his friend. "Spirits, we call to you." Blake moved the planchette around in a circle for a bit then put it in the middle of the board. "Ask anything........it will respond."

"Uh......are-are-are y-y-y-you-you a-a-a good-good spirit?" Benjamin asked. The planchette moved to Yes then No. Everyone took their hands off the planchette. "Anyone?" Blake asked. "What's your name hon?" Susie asked, as she moved the sticky lollipop around in her mouth. The planchette moved as everyone watched it form words. T-W-O W-O-R-D-S. "Two words......" Christina answered. "T-T-T-Two-o-o n-n-nam-mes-names?" Benjamin asked. The planchette moved to Yes. Christina grew afraid. If this is two spirits, then where are they? The planchette moved around on the letters. R-I-G-H-T B-Y T-H-E C-O-O-K-I-E-S. "Right by the cookies?!" Y/n felt a lump form in her/his throat. Y/n slowly turned her/his head to face the tray of where the cookies resided. But in horror, a single cookie floated in the air. Silence filled the room as everyone watched the cookie disappear by consumption.

Christina had her hands on the planchette. The planchette moved across the board. A V-E-S-S-E-L. "A vessel." Christina whispered. "This is all too real." Susie began to get up but some force make her stay in her seat. "Ah!" Susie cried out. Everyone looked at the board as Christina took control. E-N-T-E-R-I-N-G. "Entering.......entering where?!" The planchette began to move with Christina wanting to go on goodbye. "Spirits, we have had a nice time but good-" The table and chairs began to levatatie all on their own. "End it! End it!" Y/n yelled. Blake began to take action by swimming toward the board. G-O-O-D-B-Y-E. Time stood still as everyone felt the weight come back to them. Everyone collasped onto the floor, shaken. Susie began wheezing and checked her pockets. She took out her inhaler and took in her medince. "Never..........Never do-do-do that-that!" Benjamin gathered himself to his knees.

A strange giggling started up right next to Y/n. "Christina?" Y/n saw her huddle up saying some gibberish to herself.  Her voice didn't belong to her. Christina turned her head to Y/n. Her gentle brown eyes had changed to bright bug eyes. Y/n jumped back and crawled away. Susie screamed as Blake grabbed the board, breaking it in half. Christina got to her feet and approached Y/n. "Goodbye!" Blake ran toward Christina and smacked her in the back of the head with the oujia board. Christina fell and went straight to sleep. Everyone stopped to catch their breath.

"W-W-W-W-Well-Well, s-s-s-s-shit-shit!" Benjamin exclaimed. Susie ran behind Blake, huddling. Christina remained motionless. "I-I-Is-Is sh-sh-she d-d-d-d-dead?" Benjamin asked. "Don't be.......silly.....right?" The room remained silent. Christina began to twitch which made everyone take a step back. Christina got up to her knees and rubbed her temples. "What happened?" Christina looked to be normal as she had her eyes back to normal size. "Y-Y-Y-You-You g-g-got-got p-p-p-possessed!" Benjamin answered. Christina turned pale. "You're j-j-joking?" She asked. Everyone either nodded or shrugged. "I-I-I need to get home." Christina got to her feet and walked toward the door, slinging her sleeping bag over her shoulder. "This is not the way to start off the new year!" Christina slammed the door behind herself and everyone decided to pack. Y/n looked at the clock as it read 1:00 AM. Y/n saw the broken ouija board on the floor and approached it. S/he got close to where s/he could see it. The planchette stayed on Yes. Yes, what?

No one had asked another question.