Chapter Eight

Brad was a great brother, but not a great person. As my older brother, he took it as a duty upon himself to protect me and look after me. He worked hard and did a lot of bad business to provide me with tuition money, he even didn't want me to feel bad about taking the money from him so he told that mom gave it to him. And consequently, the more we needed money, the more he became involved with the bad guys, beating the shit out of some people, threatening some others, drug dealing and all sort of that stuff, but I do think that he enjoys doing that stuff to some extent, however I know damn well that he has a good heart.

"Listen, if you wanna survive in there, you need to be a fuckin' racist, hate black people, hate gay people and pretty much like nazis, because you're white and the only group that can accept you in prison are the white gangsters and nazis, that's how that shit works" Brad said.

I nodded.

"Be tough, don't show any weaknesses in front of anybody and don't you ever trust any of them, ya hear me? Never trust anyone! Even if they were friends of mine. Also don't challenge one of the big guys, you can beat the hell out of one or two, but not a whole pack of them, some of them might easily have knifes so be careful, just try not to cause any beef with anyone"

This made me even more scared, there was a great chance I'd get raped or killed in there. I wasn't ready for any of that to happen, but if I die I'll die fighting for myself.

Shortly, some cops came up to us.

"Let's go" one of them said.

"I'll let you know as soon as Jack is arrested" Bob said.

I was handcuffed and taken through a police car to jail.

I was so stressed and the handcuffs made me even more stressed, my whole body became all tense.

Keep your shit together, Eastwood,  keep your shit together!

This phrase means a lot to me, because I always say it myself when I'm in a tight corner.

We soon arrived in jail. Again I was searched in the same humiliating way.

"There you go, handsome" one of the correctional officers said with a smirk as he handed some clothes, a pillow and a bed sheet.

That didn't seem very promising.

And here it happens...

Luckily, all the inmates were at lunch so the cells were empty, The officer took me to my cell, I put my stuff on the upper bed of an old rusty bunk bed as my anonymous cellmate seemed to already have the lower bed.

Then the officer took me to the dinning hall, which was crowded as fuck.

He left me there and I was terrified.
All eyes are on me!
I kept my shit together and tried to act cool.
But, everyone was staring at me like I was a a naked lady.

I pretended that I didn't care about anyone looking at me and got my food tray. I looked around to see where 'the white folks' where, then I saw a big table sitting around it a lot of white men, one of them had a nazi tattoo, that must have been them so I walked to the table and sat on the only empty chair.

"What's up?" I said casually, putting my food tray on the table.

They all looked at me with disgust and I was expecting a surprise punch at any time.