CHAPTER 14: Maybe I was too much of a coward

CHAPTER 14:

Jaxons POV:

In my entire twenty seven years of trying to be in control of my life I had never experienced the fear of the unknown or the future; whatever you would like to name it, I concluded myself as the master of my own decisions; although the decision of my marriage to Genevieve was entirely out of that boundary, but there had never been a day when I couldn't control or predict the actions of my timid little wife. Recalling todays events almost felt like an ugly nightmare from which I was unable to wake up.

The woman standing in front of me a few hours ago hardly resembled the soft spoken, shy little wife I could manipulate or make her bend to my rules, it felt like that woman had somewhere died an unnatural death and in her replacement was a women who was entirely made of steel and her heart had been carved from ice.

The drive from the temporary house I called mine to Antonio wasn't very long and during the entire drive my mind was occupied with the thoughts of Genevieve, I couldn't seem to shake off her blue eyes burning with molten hatred for me.

There were days when I had seen love shining in her eyes for me, like I was that one person she couldnt bear to hurt, heck I had even seen hurt pooling from those eyes but never the kind of hate I had seen burning today, scared was an understatement I was terrified by my wife's sudden unpredictable behaviour.

I finally parked the car I had rented for a few days beside the giant gates of Antonio's mansion, suddenly I felt exhausted, I had no idea why or from whom but for a few seconds I rested my forehead on the steering wheel, trying and failing to reduce the pressure increasing in my head. After a few excruciating minutes had seemed to pass I finally exited the car and walked towards Antonios home.

The entire walk from the gates towards the lounge I could'nt seem to shake off the dread creeping inside my heart, the reason for which I too, was unknown.

"Gio my man" I greeted the blonde hair mischief maker who had just climbed down from the stairs.

"Evening master black" He replied in a wearisome tone

"Wheres Antonio?" I questioned to which he uncomfortably replied,

"In his room sir" The dread creeping in my heart had now turned into alarm, observing the odd way Gio was acting in front of me, usually the lively old chap would greet me with smiles and a few cheerful words but today he seemed to avoid looking in my eyes at all cost and hurriedly exited from my presence as if he was fearful that I might ask him another question.

I silent ascended the dark wooden stairs which were slightly curved at the very top, giving off a vintage touch to the all too modern house, I had always had a soft spot for this extremely beautiful mansion Antonio had built, far less brooding and unwelcoming than the black mansion.

The moment I neared Antonios bedroom I could hear loud moaning from the inside, which seemed to get louder as the seconds passed.

Pure disgust marked my face when I heard a woman screaming in pleasure, repeatedly shouting Antonios name; I could practically hear her begging through the doors.

I slightly shook my head with displeasure when the moaning and begging became too erotic and decided to wait downstairs, I had no desire to witness Antonio doing the dirty with god knows which woman now.

I was about to turn my back from the door and head downstairs when Antonios words coming from the room halted my steps making my blood run cold, for a moment it felt like my brain had completely decided to shut down and refuse to acknowledge what my ears had heard.

I yet again heard Antonio groaning, it couldnt be a mistake, and my ears werent playing tricks on me for the second time.

"Genevieve" I heard Antonio's voice loud and clear as he groaned with a passionate desire. The desire leaking from his voice uttering my wife's name felt like someone had punched me in the gut hard.