The Phone Call

"Ansa? Are you alright? You haven't been answering your phone." Anselma frowned at the concern she heard in her friend's voice. Elektra never one to show care for anyone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just had a little incident." She replied. It was quiet over the line for a long moment. Anselma started to get worried.

"El-" She began to question but Elektra barreled over her.

"Matthew says you're lying. What happened? Who do I need to kill?" Anselma grimaced.

"First, it's disturbing how sharp Matty's hearing is." Allura ignored Elektra's amused snort. "Second, it wasn't that big of a deal, I'm fine." This time it was Matthew's sarcastic mutter of "Yeah, sure" she ignored. "Third, the guy's already dead." Elektra hummed at that.

"A good thing I suppose." She finally replied. "Although, I'm a bit disappointed. It's been ages since I last killed anyone. Matthew doesn't let me have any fun." Anselma smiled slightly at Elektra's exasperation.

"That's a good thing El. You can't just go around killing everyone who hurts me." A sharp intake sounded in her ear. Anselma's eyes widened as she realized her mistake a second too late. Elektra pounced on it without hesitation. The predator in her demanding blood, itching to be let loose to stalk and hunt, to rip and tear.

"He hurt you?" Elektra asked in a deceptively light voice. Anselma shuddered, knowing the very real danger lurking beneath the sugar sweet tone.

"He's dead." Anselma was quick to remind her. "Sebastian shot him before he could get any further." Anselma frowned, so desperate to soothe the raging storm in Elektra she didn't even think about what she had just revealed.

Silence. Absolute deafening silence. Not a word, not the whisper of breath against the speaker, not the rustle of the phone being passed as Elektra stormed outside, not one sound. But suddenly a voice came over the phone Anselma hadn't expected at all.

"He tried to touch you?" The voice was rough but the large tinge of fury was obvious to Anselma. Her breath caught along with her mind a second later, not at the question (well not only at the question) but at who asked it. It couldn't be him. He didn't really work with Matt or Elektra. He was a lone wolf. And a ruthless one at that. One that prowled the streets at night scenting for fear and blood. And once he caught a scent he was off for the hunt, off the destroy and kill. If it really was him on the line...

If it really was then dead or not, the men who hurt her were screwed. Because Anselma knew she mattered the him. So few actually made it past the steel cage he had locked around his heart. She had somehow and now someone had hurt her. Someone had tried to touch her, he'd asked. Oh, he had asked her a question right?

"Did. They. Touch. You." No longer a question now then. That meant he was past fury. Anselma wasn't sure what to say. She had no doubt he'd been listening to the conversation the whole time. He knew the man was dead but she also knew that wouldn't be enough for him. To be honest she was still in shock over him being on the line with her. She needed to know, she needed to make sure...

"Frank?" She whispered.
***************************
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Sorry it's so short. I have to run off to work. The real world calls, you know? I'll add more or post another chapter once I'm off. Thanks for sticking around for this story. I really appreciate it. 😊😊😊