Temporary Home

Loki ran a gentle hand down Anselma's back to wake her once they arrived at their destination. She grumbled but woke to his soft murmurs. She smiled briefly before carefully removing herself from her fathers' grips. Jim helped her out the car and began leading her to the door.

Loki looked down oh so lovingly at the dozing man sprawled across his chest. He sweetly brushed one hand down Tony's face while using the other to shove the man unceremoniously out the open car door.

Tony landed with a splutter and a laugh filling the air from his traitor of a daughter's lips. He shot her a glare but she'd already turned away to enter their new 'home'. Tony climbed to his feet with a grumbled threat and followed, decidedly ignoring his smirking other half.
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Their temporary home was perfect, everyone had their own rooms and the detective genius' were even three floors apart. Several people silently questioned whether that was enough or not.

What silenced their doubts though was when the two almost came to blows. With one glance from the corner of her eye, Anselma had the two not only backing down but apologizing to each other. Their soldiers just smiled at each her and shared a look with each other. All in all, their time passed in peace for a whole week.
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Anselma woke to her phone blaring right into her ear. She groaned but fumbled to answer it as she vaguely recognized the ringtone as important.

"Hello?" She yawned, sitting up to stretch. She barely managed to keep the phone trapped between her ear and shoulder. She rubbed her eyes with one hand while the other moved to hold the phone more securely. She inwardly sighed as she knew she wasn't awake enough for this conversation. The ringtone finally filtering through her brain cells slacking at their job.

"Anselma." The voice greeted emotionlessly once her, unnoticed to her, grumbling ceased. "I need the team assembled."

Dread filled her, she knew that no way in hell were any of the Avengers leaving her alone so soon after everything that had happened. But... If T' Challa was calling for assistance than something very serious was going on. She knew the king never called for anything and something told her this would change everything. She just hoped it was for something good for once.

"I'll send them as soon as I can." She promised. T' Challa hummed in agreement and they both hung up. Anselma frowned and thought hard on how to convince a group of very hard headed people to leave her so soon. And after that, she wondered why the king had called her and not Steve, the leader of the Avengers. She grumbled down the stairs to the dining room full of people.

Everyone looked up at her as she shambled the entire way to the coffee pot. No one even blinked as she grabbed the pot, put it to her lips and drank the whole thing down in one go. She didn't even wince at the heat.

"She gets that from you." Loki commented to Tony once she began heading to the table.

"Yup." Tony agreed with a proud gleam in his eye. "Just like her brains and good looks. Right, darling?" Anselma met his high five with a smile and swiftly swiped his mug of coffee. Tony tried to get it back but sat back in defeat as Anselma guzzled it down.

"She gets her rudeness from you. " This time Tony commented. Loki shrugged with an unrepenting grin. Anselma mumbled something under her breath.

Tony opened his mouth to ask but decided maybe he was better off not knowing. Anselma had that gleam in her eye that never failed to put fear in his heart. Even Loki ignored her, eyes set fixedly on his plate. The others smothered smiles and made room for Anselma to sit.
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"Heya Steve?" Anselma asked as everyone finished breakfast. Steve glanced up and nodded for her to continue.

"Remember how all of you sort of, kind of, totally owe me a mission?" Every eye suddenly narrowed at her. Even the Lodon locals eyed her suspiciously.

"Yes." Steve replied cautiously. Anselma rolled her eyes. Honestly, it's like everyone expected her to ask them to do something crazy like break the law or somet- Wait, she'd actually done that once. But in her defense, they did do it. And all she had to do what bat her eyes at them. Damn, she had them all whipped.

"Well," she said slowly. "I kind of need all of you to do a mission for me." This time it was frowns all around. Even Jim didn't look happy.

"King T'Challa called." She hurried on, once seeing some people open their mouths to agure. "He said he needs help. He didn't tell me what but my gut says it's important." The frowns only got deeper. Everyone knew when Anselma got a 'feeling' it was best to listen. She had yet to be wrong.

"More important than you?" Clint asked, hoping for her not to ask of them what she was definitely asking of them.

"Important enough for you to keep your word to me. You promised me a mission. I'm calling it in." She felt a little sick when she saw how their faces fell at that but knew in her heart it was the right decision. It was with a lot of grousing and side eyeing but eventually she got all of them in a private jet headed to Wakanda.

Idiots loaded and on their way to you. Please keep me updated, they're in mother hen mode.
-Selma

She sent the quick text before going back to trying to enjoy her time with her godparents. All four of them. She was thrilled to see even Mycroft and Greg there once she made her way out of her room again. Somehow she knew, everything would be alright. She just hoped her Avengers thought the same.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket. She took it out and grinned at the response.

Noted. Will keep you updated. Shuri stole your number, be prepared for random facts all day everyday.
-T

And right after that:

Did you know, a single solar flare can release the equivalent energy of millions of 100-megaton atomic bombs?
-Only The Best Princess Ever

Do you think your science dad could help with some inventions of mine? He's a mind god.
I'm also kind of in love with him.
But not in a weird way. A science way.
I'm going to stop texting you now. 😳
-Only The Best Princess Ever

Anselma laughed. Yup, everything would be fine.
**************************************
Author's Note:
I'm so terribly sorry it took me three thousand and eight hundred years to update. I'm going to do everything in my power to update as often as possible. I know I've promised that before but I have everything settled in my life now. Thank you to everyone who is still reading this. You. Are. Amazing. I hope you like this chapter. I'm going to try and update again tomorrow on my lunch. I hope all of you are great and have an amazing week. :) :)

Next time:
Anselma really wished she'd stop jinxing herself. She really did. After all, she had just swore to herself everything was going to be fine.

She had spent a wonderful day with her godparents and a beautiful night with her Greg and Myc. She'd had a lovely chat with her Papas, uncles and aunt. She'd ventured out by herself for a little bit, trying to get some independence back.

She'd even ignored the fifteen bodyguards that Jim had following her. Really, and they were terrible too. But she'd pretended not to notice. She deserved a medal for that at least. Everything was fine. Day was perfect and she fell asleep with a smile.

So why then, did she wake with a scream you ask?

Ask the fucker whose face was an inch away from hers when she woke. She sure fucking was.