Ch 6. The Greatest Show

Cela opens her eyes, squinting at the bright light, as she lifts her head, realizing that it is now morning, she looks back down realizing it was Philip's chest she had fallen asleep on

Cela opens her eyes, squinting at the bright light, as she lifts her head, realizing that it is now morning, she looks back down realizing it was Philip's chest she had fallen asleep on. She looks at him and feels tears come to her eyes as she looks at his bruised face, from when the protesters were beating him up, she gently runs her finger over the gash on his forehead, as her other hand grabs his, entwining their fingers.

Suddenly Philips' fingers start to move, as he opens his eyes slightly and Cela feels the tears start to fall as they look at each other.

"Your here," He says, his head tilting to the side slightly as he takes in the beautiful girl before him, even when she's covered in dust and dirt from the fire the night before, he still can't help but think how beautiful she is.

Cela shakes her head as more tears fall "You idiot!" She chokes out a slight laugh and sob at the same time "You nearly got yourself killed" She says.

He reaches up and strokes her cheek gently, both of them loving the touch of each other's skin.

"If it meant saving your life, I don't care," He says lovingly.

She shakes her head at him as she bends down and connects their lips without hesitation, both of them closing their eyes in bliss.

Cela places her hand on the side of his face, as Philip puts his on the back of her neck. They pull away, smiles making their way onto both of their faces before Philip pulls her back down to meet his lips again.

They hear someone behind them clear their throat making the couple pull apart and look over, seeing a man in a nice suit.

"Mr. Carlyle, your parents are here to see you," He says, not even casting a glance in Cela's direction as she moves away from Philip to sit on the side of his bed.

"Thank you, you may send them in," He says. Cela goes to stand but Philip grabs her hand before she can move.

"Where are you going?" He asks her, his eyes practically begging her not to leave.

"Your parents-" She goes to say but he cuts her off.

"I don't care what my parents think, if they aren't happy with the fact that you're here, they can leave, not you," He says softly, smiling at the girl.

Cela smiles and stays on the side of his bed as he grabs her hand, entwining their fingers.

A few seconds later the door to the infirmary opens, revealing Philip's parents, Cela feels her-self tense up, as they walk closer, stopping at the end of his bed, eyeing her up and down as Philip gives her hand a comforting squeeze.