{Chapter 3}

You groggily awoke the next morning, your [hair color] locks in such disarray that a random chipmunk would mistake it as a home. One literally did. You couldn't help but giggle as you gently picked it up out of your hair, petting it gently. By the looks of it, the chipmunk had just got kicked out of the nest and was living on its own. It was covered in scraps and cuts; it's left rear leg was broken, and unable to move. "You poor thing..." you muttered as he whimpered in pain. You gently laid it on your kitchen island and got out your animal first aid kit. You worked on the young chipmunk's injuries for about half an hour, trying to be gentle so he wouldn't whimper as much. You then fed it some nuts you had in the cabinets and brought it out to a small animal sanctuary that you had by your house.

After watching him in a small house you'd built from a fallen tree, you walked back into your own cabin and got changed into a black tank top and skinny jeans, along with a pair of red converses. You then got yourself out a bowl and a box of cereal. You were reaching for the jug of milk in the fridge when last night's events swarmed back into your mind, causing your [eye color] eyes to widen. "...That bastard.." you muttered as you grabbed the milk and slammed the door shut. You bitterly munched on your [favorite cereal]. Today was supposed to by your day off, however, since you were robbed last night, you were gonna be stressed all day.

"I can't believe that I couldn't even catch him.." you growled lowly, earning your wolf companion to nuzzle your hand. You smiled a little and pet her gently. "Hey, [pet name]. Sorry I'm so moody today.How about we go outside and play?" you smiled gently. After washing the dishes, you led your companion out to the outside, the dead leaves crunching beneath both of your feet. For hours, you wrestled, played fetch, ate, and, did anything that you could think of that was fun. By three, the two of you were exhausted and were laying about each other. [Pet Name] and you both dozed off to a silent slumber, laying on the leaf-covered ground.

It was a rainy night. You had been covered in blood from the killing spree that you had just finished and were walking the outskirts of your forest home. A whimper was heard and you turned to where the sound had come from. A few yards into the yards into the woods lay a wolf pup, wounded and bleeding. You were only [three years younger than your actual age] yourself. You slowly walked down to the young pup, but, she heard your footsteps slushing in the rain. A large whimper and growl was heard from the injured animal. "Shh..." you reassured as you gently let her sniff your hand and pet her head.

After a few minutes, she had warmed up to you and snuggled desperately into you. "Yeah, see? I'm not gonna hurt you." Your eyes had slowly adjusted to the dark light and spotted a trail or red liquid; your gaze followed the trail to see dead bodies, human and wolf alike. It finally dawned on you and you looked back down to the injured pup. "Your family... the hunters..." Tears formed in the golden eyes and you hugged her gently. You pulled out the first aid kit from the messenger bag that you had brought that night in case you were caught, seeing that it was close to the beginning of your murdering days. After fixing her up, you hugged her. "I'll take care of you.. I couldn't protect my family, either." You both cried for a while, when you nuzzled her. "How about a take you home and call you [pet name]?" Ever since that day, you two had only had each other.

You heard a deep growl, causing you to open your eyes. You slowly opened your eyes to see [pet name] standing defensively, her blue coat shimmering in the Autumn sunlight. "What's up?" you asked groggily as you stood. When you saw it, you froze. A red husky with a carved smile, much similar to the thief you saw the other day. The two dogs stood there, staring at each other before the opposing dog trotted off. "What the hell..?"