Knowing Yourself

—So how old are you?- he asks normally.
  —Excuse me?-she says boldly.
  —your age, which one?.
  —Why do I owe you answers?- she asks coldly.
  —Wow, I just want to meet you, but it looks like you do not want me to meet you!-said as he got up from his seat.
  —I'm sorry, I'm just very stressed-it was a lie, since she became pregnant Belle tries to keep men as far as possible, no matter who they are.—Do not go, I need company-she said regretfully of her rude reply.
  —Do not apologize, but if you insist.-he said, sitting down again.—So ... you will answer my question or not.
  —I'm seventeen. And you, how old are you?-she asked curiously.
—I'm twenty five, so... you are liking the  town?.
—is much smaller than my previous one but ... yes, I'm enjoying it-she said sincerely—Do you live here a long time?.
—Since always, my father, he has a small business here in town.
Belle realized the way he mentioned the word father, she imagined that he and his father did not have a good relationship.
On the other side of the counter Ruby watched them suspiciously, she knew Belle was new in town, just as she knew Belle was fragile, but as soon as they were finished, Ruby would say it would be nice to make friends, but Robert Gold was not the best choice.
—So, what do you work with?-she asked interested.
—I'm a lawyer. And you?You're seventeen, so I guess you're still in high school, but ... is there anything you want to do?-he asks, a little curious.
—I love books, and being a librarian has always been my dream- she said smiling, it seemed like she was starting to get acquainted with him.
—So you're in luck! We have a library in the center of town, maybe one day you volunteer to be the librarian. Would you like that? -he asks quietly when he sees a shining smile on her face.
—I would love to!- she said honestly.
—Great!- he says as he looks at his wristwatch.—I have to go now, it was good to meet you, I'll see you later.- he said, rising from his seat.
—All right, I'll see you later.- she said a little disappointed watching him leave the restaurant.
"It's time,"- Ruby thought as she approached Belle.—Hi!
—Hi!- Belle said hugging her friend.
—can I sit?- Ruby asked, pointing to the seat where Robert had sat.
—Of course! Has anything happened?-Belle asks worriedly.
—No, it's no big deal, but ... were you really talking to Robert Gold?- asks the interested friend.
—Yes, why? Something wrong?- Belle asks confused.
—Actually yes. I know you're new to town but ... he's not a good person, he's the son of the town's monster.- said Ruby patient.
—Look, I'm sorry if I offend you but ... I do not think it's nice to say if someone is good or bad just by kinship. I talked to him and he seemed nice to me 'and much more ...'. And what do you mean by the monster son of the city?- she asked curious.
—His father owns almost all of the town's properties.- Ruby said.—But, I already told you that it's not a good idea to get involved with his son.
—I'm not involved with him, it was just a conversation, but although it would not be a bad idea to have another friend- said Belle looking for your phone—It's my father, he wants me to come home, see you tomorrow.
—I'll see you too.- she says as her friend leaves.—This will not end well- Ruby snorted.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ Sorry for the delay, but I hope you have enjoyed it.
What will happen to our babies in the next chapter?