e i g h t

The battle begins
7th year

Hermione sat in the astronomy tower, thinking about every life decision. The war was slowing down and Harry either already left to the woods or would soon.

Hermione hugged her knees. She placed her head in her knees and began to sob. She missed Dracos embrace. She wanted him back by her side. Thinking about that made her sob harder and want to find him.

She heard footsteps but didn't care who saw her like this. She looked up to see who it was. Her heart stopped. It was Draco.

Draco looked down at her broken body huddling over herself. He stared down at her with worry. She stood up and Draco couldn't decide what expression she withheld.

"I know you're mad, I did not expect it to go this far." He said looking down. Hermione went over to him and looked him in the eye. He was expecting a slap, or being screamed at. Instead, she gently kissed him.

Filled with gratefulness and passion he held her so close and fell in love all over again. He felt her tears running down her cheeks.

"Hermione Jean Granger," he said leaning his head on her forehead.
"I love you so bloody much. Don't ever leave me again."

She smiled and held the ring up at him.

"I won't, you know where to find me after the war Draco. In our beautiful house, we will catch up there. I love you as well. I need to find harry." She said walking away.

"Wait! Hermione." Draco said grabbing onto her arm. He wasn't sure what he was going to say but he just needed one last look at her.

"Yes?" she asked. Then she smiled at him.
"Draco what is it?"

"You're beautiful." He said trying to not let her leave.

She looked down at herself.

"Not like this." She said shyly.

"Always," he looked at her, and pulled her in for a last kiss.

"I love you," he whispered, genuinely. She leaned in, kissed him again.

"i love you too Draco. forever."

Then she was gone.

+++

Hermione stared at her dead best friend. She sniffled and blinked away tears.

Her mind blanked until she heard
"Draco Malfoy." her head sprung back and their dirtied faces met. She had tears running down her face, but she nodded. Then he took a step forward. And just like that. Draco was on the dark side officially. Hermione couldn't help but break into pieces.

After the war was done, and hermione had  said her goodbyes to everyone she apparated to her house. Hoping draco was there, she yelled for him throughout the house. No answer, but hermione did not expect him to come home  so quickly.

Hours turned into a day, days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into two years of waiting. However the third year she gave up. She stopped sending letters. She began a life alone.