Letting His Heart Decide

Taehyung watched Jungkook longingly from across the room as he playfully teased his favorite target, Park Jimin. Tae was glad to see that Jungkook didn't hold any hard feelings toward Jimin. He wasn't sure what he would've done if he was the cause of their friendship ending  like he was for the ending of his relationship with Kookie. 

God how he missed him.

His heart still yearned for the beautiful maknae, for the love it lost, and Taehyung was still very much in love with Jungkook. 

'And he still loves you.'

Jin's words echoed in his mind. Did Jungkook still love him? There were times he thought Kookie looked at him with the same longing he felt, but that could just be his hopeful thinking.

He knew Jungkook didn't hate him, it just wasn't in the maknae to hate anyone, but did he still love him? If Taehyung was honest with himself, Jungkook looked happier without him.

---------

He sighed deeply, never taking his eyes off the smiling laughing boy. Still, more than anything,  he wanted Jungkook's love and heart back. Even if he wasn't deserving of it.

'That's for his heart to decide Taehyung. Don't let your fear and uncertainty take that decision away from him.'

Remebering Namjoons words, Tae decided to swallow his fear and tell Jungkook how he felt, letting Jungkook's heart decide for itself if Kookie loved him enough to trust him with his heart again.

----------------

Tae left for Korea earlier than the others under the guise of having to film a tv slot. Of course,  all the members, with the exception of Jungkook,  knew the truth. He had told them his plan to confess to the maknae for the second time. They all approved and readily agreed to help in anyway they could, which he was grateful for. All they had to do was get Jungkook to come to the dorm alone.

----------------

He recieved a text from Namjoon stating that they had arrived back in Korea. Tae sent a quick reply then checked and double checked everything, making sure it was perfect. Jungkook deserved perfection and Tae wanted this night to be special for him, wanted to show Jungkook just how much he still loved him.

After one last check of everything, and taking deep breaths to calm his rapidly beating heart, there was nothing left to do than wait for the guest of honor to arrive.

-------------

Jungkook arrived at the dorm alone. Namjoon hyung had to attend a quick meeting, Jin hyung was off to get food for everyone,as they were all hungry, Jimin and Hoseok hyungs volunteered to go with him. Yoongi hyung was hit with inspiration for a song and immediately  headed to  the studio and Taehyung was still at the tv studio wrapping up his filming, so here he was, all alone.

As he took out his key and unlocked the door he was greeted with soft candle light. Jungkook stepped cautiously through the door, shutting it quietly behind him, unsure of what to do. 

He decided to follow the candle lit, rose petal path, which led him to the balcony, and what he saw completely took his breath away. The balcony had been completely transformed. It was beautiful, candles and red and cream colored roses completely decorated the space.

In one corner sat a table set for two. It was draped in a cream colored table cloth, two champagne glasses and sterling sliver plate covers sat on top, a crystal vase filled to bursting with roses placed at it's center. 

The other end of the balcony hosted a gossamer like tent decorated with strands of white Christmas lights. Inside was a mound of soft fluffy blankets and pillows. Sitting in the center of the beautiful make shift bed was a silver tray, though Jungkook couldn't tell what it held.