Chapter 20 - The Years Apart (Part 1)

I actually didn't leave Reim after I left you on the pier. Lady Scheherazade wanted to assist me, as I shouldn't rely on my magic alone. Yes I was alright at fight, but I needed to be better than what I was. So she offered for me to train at the gladiator school, which I accepted. I spent three months there under their guidance. I am a quick learn, and there were things I didn't need to teach me certain skills.

Within those months I often went to the casinos with the head of the school. For some reason gambling is first nature to me. I won game after game. I literally won a casino from the owner one time. So at that point I had a stead flow of income.

Within my time in Reim I made two lasting friends. There is Marvu, we met in the gladiator school. He would ask me the strangest questions in order to better his... skills. He is extremely out going and cocky, but it's fun putting him in his place. Even though, he is highly trustworthy and responsible, thus I put him in charge of the casino I won when I left.

My other friend, Calipso. She's a fanalis I met one day. She had just escaped from slavery, and she needed a place to go. I took her in, and helped her get into her fetters. She even joined the Fanalis Corp. But she left tit recently to be incharge if the orphanage in Reim. I tried to make her stay, cause she was happy there, but she insisted.

After all was said and done in Reim I left for Kou, which granted was a strange choice. But on my way I stopped in Balbadd. During my stay there I met a pair of twins, Jamiya and Jamin. They were in a situation I couldn't help but need to help them with. Both their parents had died, and no matter how hard they tried they couldn't find work. I spent weeks job hunting with them, even threatened a few store owners. I decided to learn what they wanted to do and teach them the skills nessicary to do that. Jamin became a free lance guard and would be hired to go on trade ship to protect them from pirates are to guard a Nobel on his journey. While Jamiya became a seamstress, and I helped start her own business.

We were all sad when I continued on my way. I traveled within a merchant Caravan, since I thought the Kou wouldn't attack one. I was wrong. Over half the caravan died before I managed to stop the attack. Since I was the only one keeping the caravan safe, when the Kou wanted a battle, they slaughter to kill me. I didn't know, but a soldier stepped out of line to sneak me to safety.

That soldier was Yukino, he's the one you've met. We were both gonna get charged for something punishable by death, but I managed to talk us out of it, but he was dishonorable discharged. I decided not to go to the Kou, since like barely in and almost killed.

Then with Yukino having no where to go, he joined me on my journey. I didn't want him to, but I didn't try to stop him. I went on the search for the nomadic Koga Clan, which I found with little to no difficulty. I wanted to learn how the fight on horse back. The people may have let us stayed in their village, but hesitant to teach me their battle skills. One was more than willing. I was awoken one night by one of the Koga people.

They wanted to teach me their skills, in turn having them join me on my adventure. I was willing to accept after them openingly telling their predicament. That person is Mei, you've also met her. She would only teach me at night, which is probably the start of my sleeping problems. Once I had it down we were set to move on to the next place. I may have not been to the Koga Clan in years, but I'm still welcomed there, as one of their own.

Magnostatd was my next target. There was still struggles going on on the outer reaches. There was this one guy we found who was trying to get out of the country, we offered for Jim to join us for his own protection, even though we were headed to the main city. That guy was Kansi, who I've made doing a lot of things reluctantly, I'm not sure why he's still my friend.

Wel we made it to the capital, where I was the only one allowed in because I'm the only with magic capabilities. I stayed there way longer than I should have. I was arne about magical tools from a professor at the school, who had become my friend, Derra. I stayed with a kind girl, Glea. She sorta became a sister to me, always willing to help me, even if it was some stupid plot, like sneaking my non-magician friends into the city. We managed to do that. Now she is the head of the orphanage in Magnostadt.

I stayed there for months learning all I could about magic tools, I even became friends with the King there.

I would have stayed longer if I hadn't noticed how uncomfortable my friends were there. At this point I wanted to return to Reim to see how Marvu was keeping my casino, and not to live on others any longer. We went the long way though. Up to visit Immuchak.

Sadly the ship we were on got lost at sea and when we finally reach the far north we were low on supplies. They wouldn't let us into any village as we were outsiders. We literally just wanted food. I got pissed and went out hunting. I killed one of the narwhal things then we were let into the villages.