Contest #1 - 2nd Place: @Winteringpages-

Congratulations, winteringpages-! You made 2nd place in Contest #1!

Here's the story!

***

It happened too fast for her to comprehend right. The hooded figure came charging toward her — knocking her to the ground — and snatched the loaf of bread from her hands, "Hey!" She yelled, scrambling to her feet.

The mud was soft and thick under her feet as she chased after the thief, glaring daggers through the back of their hood. If looks could kill, they'd have two holes burning through their head by then. They began to gain speed — clearly they were athletic. She was panting, the sword sheathed to her side was weighing her down.

"Come back!" She shouted.

'Not the way to spend my free time.' She thought angrily. The thief dashed through the farms fields, completely exposing themselves to the bright sun rays with their dark clothes. She began to gain speed, noticing the thief was beginning to slow down. She chuckled — about to tackle them — when they suddenly turned and their arm came round and connected to her face.

She grunted as a pain stung her cheek. They pushed her to ground — pulling the sword from her belt in the process. She landed with a thud, propping herself on her elbows as she watched the thief hold to sword to her chest.

She was bright blue eyes hidden behind the mask as the thief pulled it off, revealing a stubble and a smirk lifting their lips, "Where to next?" They asked in a deep, masculine voice — a male's.

She gritted her teeth and glared coldly at him, "Thief." She spat.

He chuckled, "It's rude to call other people names."

She growled, looking toward the blade in his hand before up to him again. She swiftly arched her back and kicked the sword out from his hand. He gasped, momentarily distracted as she jumped to her feet and kicked him away. He grunted, dropping the bread. She wiped the blood from her cheek and picked up the sword. His eyes followed her blade as she pressed it against his neck.

"Don't. Move."

He raised his hands in surrender, but to her irritation, he let a sly smirk quirk his lips, "Or else what?" He asked.

She growled and pursed her lips, "Don't move!" She seethed, raising the sword until it was under his chin.

"Careful, it's a big sword for a small girl." He said smugly.

"I'll cut your tongue out!" She threatened.

"Feisty aren't you."

"Shut up and give my bread back, thief!" She demanded, annoyed that he wasn't showing any fear.

"Bread?" He questioned, tilting his head innocently, "You mean, the bread I'm stepping on?"

Her eyes widened and she immediately snapped her eyes toward his boots. She was confused, the bread wasn't there.

He smirked, 'So gullible.' He thought and grabbed the blade, twisting it from her grip — earning him a gasp from her pretty lips — and swiftly spun her around against his chest. Holding her tightly, he held the blade to her neck, making her freeze.

"Having fun?" He asked near her ear.

"Get off me." She snapped, squirming at the tight arm locking her in place.

"Kiss me." He said.

"What?"

"Kiss me and I'll let you go." He said.

"No way, you sicko!" She spat and struggled against his built body.

"You better stop," He groans, "Or I'll do more than kiss you."

She felt sickened, "You disgusting pig!" She screamed.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to tease a man?" He whispered darkly in her ear, licking her earlobe.

She shivered in disgust and shook him away, "No. She told me not to talk to strangers." She said coldly.

"Fine then, I'm Aaron. And you are?"

"Like hell I'll tell a thief my name." She snapped.

"Then I'll give you one." Aaron replied.

"What?"

Before she could process what was happening, Aaron's mouth found the sensitive part on her neck. Her body shivered and jolted, making Aaron attack it tenderly. She gasped and subconsciously moved away, a course of sparks tingling through her.

"You taste sweet, sugar lumps." Aaron whispered against her skin, making her bite her lip.

Then she snapped out of the trance she was in and her teeth gritted, "How dare you, you revolting animal!" She shouted, enraged by his assaults.

"You enjoyed it, didn't you?" He replied smugly.

"Go to hell."

"Love to, sugar lumps." He replied cockily.

"My name is not "sugar lumps", idiot." She snapped.

"And my name isn't "idiot". I already told you mine, but you chose not to use it. That's rude if you ask me." Aaron retorted.

"Well, Aaron, first, I didn't ask for your rubbish mouth to speak. Second, what's rude is assaulting a girl you've never meet before." She said sharply.

"Well, sugar lumps, I know more about you than you think. I know that you practise your sword skills with the sword master in your free time, I know that your father died mysteriously the night of the summer holiday camp, I know that your favourite colour green grape, I know that you always have a beer after your sword training, and I know for a fact that you hate the smell of lavender," Aaron leaned close in her ear, "And I know what your name is. . . Evelyn Livo."

"W-Who are you?" She asked, her voice nothing but a whisper. No one knew her real name nor how her father died. She kept it a secret and went by the name "Eva Flo". How did this man know? He's nothing but a thief with a twisted mind. Unless. . .

"You already know that answer, sugar lumps." Aaron said lowly, gone with the cockiness and came the cold, heartless man Aaron truly was.

"H-How are you still alive?" Evelyn stuttered, disbelief robbing her of her own voice.

Aaron Rovin, leader of the rebels against her father, ambassador of Italy. But he's dead. My father killed him, didn't he? But Evelyn's father couldn't have killed Aaron, he was standing behind her, against his chest that clearly had a heart beat.

"Surprised?" Aaron asked, a dark chuckle frightening Evelyn.

***

Read the next part for the 3rd Place winner!