TWO

Our story continues. The Mayor's Jubilee was supposed to change everything. Be a new start. But when we woke up the next morning, Riverdale was still, at its heart, a haunted town. Meanwhile, Archie Andrews, who doesn't even have a driver's license yet, is at this very moment careening down the streets of Riverdale, trying to outrace death.

Panic and chaos surrounded them all after the horrific event that had just occurred. Her dad was lying on the floor concusios. Blood pouring from his chest onto the floor. Willow had her hands pressed on his chest to stop the wound from bleeding but the blood wouldn't stop flowing. "Willow we need to get him to the hospital" Archie pointed out thinking of how to help their dad. "Arch the ambulance is on it's way" She sobbed, Pop had already called the ambulance to come out. "It's been minutes already, what if they don't come" Their dads life was on the line, they didn't know what to do. "But" She knew she couldn't move him not knowing if it would worsen his condition. "We got to do something" She watched as Archie lifted up their Dad already carrying him out almost. "I don't like this plan" She interjected before running to place her arm around her dad's after side. 

The two Andrews twins helped to carry their dad out to his truck that was parked placing him inside. Archie hopped in the drivers side whilst she was there to stop her dad from bleeding out. "Archie! You don't have your driver's license yet" She pointed out already imagining her brothers horrible driving that she'd soon witness. "Trust me"Was all he said as he turned on the ignition starting up the engine pulling out of Pops. she watched as her brother broke the speed limits, driving in the middle of the roads taking tight corners. "Dad, hold on" She sobbed watching and hearing him groan in pain. "Dad, we're almost there. They're gonna fix you up" Archie told him looking over. "Stay with us Dad. Stay with us!" They pleaded. "Archie the road" Willow shouted at him almost for him to concentrate on driving. Not wanting to be in an accident when on the way to the hospital.

Archie parked right out front the hospital, they both got their dad out of the car. A trail of blood led up to the entrance. "Help us. Help please!" She shouted as the walked in carrying their dad who was unconscious. "Someone help us and our Dad!" The nurses all ran over to them, ready in action. "What happened to him" They heard shouts from people as they all rushed over. "He was shot" She let Archie tell them as she was barely holding it together. "Does he have any medical problems? Any conditions" The nurses asking questions. "I don't know" They'd managed to get him on an hospital bed. "Can you hear me? tell me your name" The nurses trying to see if he was conscious. 

"His name is Fred Andrews" Willow answered for them as her and Archie followed them. "One bullet hole. No exit wound" The bullet was still in there. "Massive blood lost" Their dad wasn't responding. Just as they were about to follow them any further they was stopped by the male nurse. Sir, Madame. I'm sorry. I need you two to stay here" They watched through the window as their dad was being lifted up on the operating table, his shirt being ripped open to find the wound. "Dad! We're right here. Dad. We're right here. Okay" They both said hoping that their dad could hear or see that they were there. "Right here"

~

There nothing else they could do but wait. Archie had already called Betty who would ring both Jughead and Veronica. Whilst Willow couldn't handle calling anyone. She was barely holding it together. Archie was pacing up and down in front of her whilst Willow was sat down with her head in her hands. Continuing to sobb not knowing how her dad was. In came everyone. Betty and her parents, Jughead and then Veronica and her mum. "Arch! Oh my god!" Veronica was the first to pull her brother into a hug whilst she stood up before being pulled into a hug by all three of them along with her brother. 

Then went back to sitting down so that Archie could tell them what happened. "I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, thief Wearing this hood, with a gun on Pop Tate, and then he pointed it at my dad and he fired." He told them all what had happened. "Oh, my God, Archie." Was all Veronica could say. "And then he And then he what? And then he bolted." Archie lied, Willow looked to him almost to say that he wasn't giving them the full story but none of them noticed.

"Then me and willow was holding our dad, Pop Tate called an ambulance and it didn't come so I drove here and" He told them before sighing "And I don't know, maybe I should've waited, maybe I made it worse" It was true, it might of made it worse for all they knew. "No, dude, are you kidding me? You saved your dad's life" Jughead was being the supportive friend. "If you keep this up, you're gonna need a superhero name. Like Pureheart the Powerful." He was the one who helped to save Cheryl when she attempted suicide in Sweet Water River where Jason was found. Vus being the reason why he broke his hand. "There isn't any new information. Your dad's in surgery. He's gonna be there for a while." Mrs Copper had already talked to the nurses trying to get any information they could. "Uh, Willow, Archie. Have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?" Their mum they had completely forgotten about through all this. "No. No, we haven't called her." He told them before getting up out of his seat. "I'll be right back." He said as he walked off.

Willow looked to them all before standing up. "Arch" She called out to her brother running to catch up to him. No wanting her brother to do it all by himself. They found an abandoned corridor with some seats to sit down to ring their mum. Willow pulled out her phone from her pocket, going to her contracts and clicking on her mom's name with ring it. Placing it to her ear she was relieved her mum picked up. "Mum" She sobbed as she broke down in tears once again. Her mum could sense something wasn't right. "Willow whats happened? Where's Archie?" Her mum worried for their wellbeing. 

"Dad was shot" was all she could say before she passed the phone to her brother. "Dad's in the hospital. It was a robbery, and, uh, he was shot." There was no better way to tell her what happened. They couldn't sugar coat it. "I don't know what's gonna happen, Mom, but I think you should come here as soon as you can, in case In case we have to say goodbye." He sniffled, as he too broke down into tears. Their mum reassured them that everything would be alright and that their dad would pull through. She would be on the next plane out of Chicago.

They went back to the waiting room where the others were. All they could do was wait. Not knowing how long their dad would be in surgery for, it could be hours more. In came Sheriff Keller already on the case. Both of them stood to their feet and walked to him. "Sheriff" The twins greeted him solemnly. "How's your dad doing?" He was concerned too since he and dad were good friends. "He's still in surgery" Betty answered before they both could. "Archie, Willow" Sheriff keller sighed before continuing. "I know this is a hell of a time for you both, but perhaps we could go somewhere and talk about what happened" She knew he wanted to know from them both what happened to gather more information. "Is it cool if I tag along?" Jughead interjected. "Actually, if you don't mind" Sheriff Keller began to say but was cut off by Archie. "Yeah, that'd be great, Jug" They needed someone else there as support and Jughead was their longest friend. The one who was always there for them and now was the time when they needed him the most.