THREE

Sheriff Keller lead them into an empty staff room so that he could gather any more information. They had told him about the break in, how the Black Hood was shouting wanting the money. How he pointed the gun at Pop Tate first before turning it onto their dad and shooting it. "He was maybe 5'10". 160 pounds or so." Archie guessed she wasn't so good at describing people, she would leave it to him to tell. "And he was wearing dark pants and a dark jacket? Anything on that jacket? Any symbol or insignia?" He was listing all the things he'd already found out and any leads he could find. 

"You mean like a snake?" Jughead was the first to interject since she knew how he was mixed in the Serpents. "It was just a normal jacket. No snake" She answered making sure that the police wouldn't mix the serpents into it since he wasn't one of them. "And the ski mask that he had on..." Sheriff keller was saying but was cut off by her brother. "No, it's not a ski mask. It's a hood, a black hood. Homemade, like he'd cut the eyes out himself. And the guy's eyes were green." She knew that back in the dinner her brother made eye contact with the black hood. Staring him down whilst Willow was too focused back then trying to stop her dad from bleeding out.

"Now, Pop Tate had a fairly good idea of what happened up until when your father was shot. And then, well There are some gaps. And I need you two to help me fill those. What did he do, our masked man?" Pop must've blanked out all that happened after their dad was shot, Archie did too. "After our dad was shot?" He looked to Seriff Keller. "He Nothing. He shot my dad, ran out of the diner." Both Willow and Jughead looked to Archie, she knew he wasn't telling the truth. "Who did this, Sheriff?" They wanted to find out who was the one who shot their dad. "Archie, Willow. it's just It's too early to speculate. But this guy, he was probably out of his head on meth or the jingle jangle, some Southside lowlife that was just looking for a cash grab." 

She knew that the police already had a list of suspects but none to meet the match just yet. "How much did he get? How much cash?" Jughead asked for them, curious to know. "We're waiting to hear about that from Pop Tate." It was too early to say. "Since this is Riverdale, I have to ask." Jughead sighed along with Willow knowing that he was right. "What if robbery wasn't the motive? What else could it be?" She took the packet of Jughead's sweets from him and started eating them. "Well, I mean, I suppose it could be someone who has a grudge against your dad. Wanted to make it look like a robbery. But I mean, it's just too early to tell."

Soon Sheriff Keller finished his questions so they could get back to the others. "Hey. Were you not telling Sheriff Keller something?" Jughead too had noticed how Archie wasn't telling Sheriff Keller everything. "My dad told me that he and Mrs Lodge fired the Serpents they had working on their crew. I know your dad vouches for them, but what if one of them was pissed off enough to do something?" She weren't sure if it was a serpent who ordered for their dad to be shot since they weren't wearing a serpent jacket. And Serpents don't wear hoods. "Let me see what I can find out" Jughead wanted to help even if it meant going to the serpents to find out. "Thanks bro" Archie said as he hugged Jughead. "See you Jug" She half smiled whilst hugging her friend.

"Willow Andrews, Archie Andrews?" They heard their names being called before turning to see a Doctor approaching them "I'm Steven Masters, I'm your father's doctor." He introduced himself to them both. "How is he?" Willow asked before her brother could. "Well, we got the bullet out. And we've stopped the internal bleeding. But what's most worrisome is, he's not breathing on his own yet." They both knew that wasn't it good. "Can we see him?" They couldn't wait any longer. "And you will. As soon as we've got him set in a room, you'll be able to sit with him. Should be an hour or two at the most." More time spent just waiting around. "And until then, what am I supposed to do, nothing?" That was true. "Maybe Maybe you should go home and get changed." Veronica spoke up looking to Archie before Willow. 

"You too Willow" Willow looked back down at herself seeing how her clothes were stained in blood, her hands too. "No, we're not leaving." They both wanted to stay. "No, Archie, Willow wait. Veronica's right." Betty was always the one to calm Archie down, get through to him. "Here are your dad's clothes and personal belongings. Everything he had on him." A nurse came up to them with a plastic sealed bag with all of their dads stuff. Blood stained clothes that was cut open. "Okay, well, yet another reason to go. You can get your dad a change of clothes. Veronica will go with you. Right, Vee?" Betty looked to the twins and then to Veronica. "We'll hold the fort down here. Archie, try not to worry. Your dad is strong stock. He's a fighter. Fred Andrews isn't one to leave unfinished business behind." Mrs Cooper reassured them both. "Thank you Mrs Copper"

As they walked inside they were greeted by their Dog vegas. "Hey, Vegas" They both greeted dropping down to their knees to pet their dog. "Nobody's walked you, have they? Must be You must be wondering what the hell happened." Dad was always the one who walks him nowadays since they're always so busy. "Come on, let's go." Archie was about to go and walk him before Veronica stopped him before she could. "Hey, Archie, what are you doing?" By anyone he would seem like a mad man walking outside covered in blood. Their dads blood. "I have to walk Vegas." He didn't understand. "Like that? You look like you're auditioning for a teen reboot of The Shining." She was right. "No, you two take your shower, I'll walk him." Willow laughed imagining Veronica walking Vegas. "Veronica. Have you ever walked a dog in your life?" She agreed with her brother on that. "I've had dogs walked for me, does that count?" They both managed to persuade Archie to ditch his jacket and put his hoodie on if he wanted to walk Vegas before showing. Whilst she wanted to stay behind and take a shower, wash away all the blood.