02. The Old's man Will.

Honestly the omega deserved a medal for keeping a cool and inscrutable mask around them for so long. Between the unbearable old attorney reciting all the absurd and petty clauses his grandfather had felt the urge to add that felt more as he listened like the last pitiful attempts of a dying man feeling his grasp of power quickly slipping from his trembling hands and the snickers from his other relatives it was a chance the glassy wall weren't already painted red woth their blood. He scoffed, disdainfully shifting around in the plum leather chaise taking in the painfully obvious disappointment darkening theirs eyes at the missed opportunities to grasp at the crumbs left behind by the old man.

Without surprise his grandfather left him everything. He wasn't enough of a fool to think that it was because the old man had been fond of him after all jimin was the murderer who took his precious daughter's life but because of that damn promise made to a dying woman the old man had gone against his entire clan to fullfill it. Taking care of him, teaching him everything he'd need to be a great and respected leader.

But the old man'd been nothing but cunning too and as he'd find out
later, he'd kept some hidden cards that even for someone as soulless as him would be  proven to be undignified.

They all listened, vigilant.

"With age comes regrets and for someone like me who had lived thinking careful before making any drastic decision to avoid regrets, it is difficult to admit that I wasn't infallible. We all make mistakes and I fear mines will follow me to the grave where I hope to find peace with the ones I loved waiting for me on the other side. Saejin was my life, she was all I had left of my dear companion. It's this love that guided most of my decisions for years after her death.

I bequeath everything I own to my grandson. He inherited the stubbornness and pride specific to our lineage and I am certain that when the time comes he will do what is necessary for the glory of the clan. He will succeed me at the head of my companies and also as leader of our clan although this news will not please everyone I know that he is the future of the pack. He will lead them to a new era and by his side, the name of the clan of the parks will regain all its splendor of yesteryear.

My only regrets are that I didn't give him more affection. He is strong but he lacks in my opinion something that I think he will only find in another person. Loving I understood over time is truly the power of a leader. It pushes us to surpass ourselves and do our utmost to preserve what we have, that's why in my soul and conscience I have chosen to add a final clause.

In order to assume his duties my grandson will have to find a companion, an alpha. The role of the latter will be to love and assist him and because I know his temper and know that he will not welcome this news well, I add that he will have until his twentieth birthday to do so, If he failed or rejected it without trying I leave it up to my brothers and sisters to choose another suitable leader to succeed me.

Park seojoon, leader and CEO of Parks." the attorney finished, looking up at the audience, tears prickling at the wrinkled corner of his eye. He heaved a sigh before slipping the will inside a thin brown envelope.

The silence that followed the revelation of the contents of the old man's will was heavy and full of hostility.

On the other hand jimin's seething. It's something to know the old man belittled him but it's a whole different matter to have him proclaimed it publicly from his casket. The young man would've gladly prefered being slapped than being doubted and thinking he wouldn't even have the satisfaction to even things out by beating the shit out of the old man as he's now forever gone made matters worse.

Saying he felt humiliated is the understatement of the century. Around him he heard the sneer grow more vicious at his intention. His aunt, the old hag let out a cackle sound that sounded more like a dying owl being raped by a hawk than a laugh. He didn't give her the pleasure to turn around and face her ugly face.

To add to his fury his cousin Kibum, an alpha who hated him with every fibers of his pathetic being ever since they're kids and the omega swept the floor of the training room with his ass, thrice spoke, his annoying low pitched voice laced with badly concealed jealousy and bitterness.

"Interesting. I guess now all we have to do is find an alpha to claim the little bitch, breed him and our problem would be solved." He laughed, eyes pinned on his back shaking his head as if the situation was funny. "I could apply too, a bitch such as you will need a strong alpha like me to tame you and fill you with pups. After all we all know it's the only thing you omegas are good at." The lawyer coughed, casting a worry look in jimin's direction before glancing down as laughter broke out around them.

The omega smirked whirling around to face them,  fingers tapping against
his lower lip head tilted to the side. He said nothing just stared at them. Laughter died down replaced by an unusual quietness that lasted for a few anxious minutes.

Until the lawyer cleared his throat, unsettled and just like that the spell was broken. He slowly got to his feet suddenly tired and annoyed. They were not worth it. He headed toward the exit when a bony hand with sharp edges gripped him on his way out. He's far from frail and his resistance to pain was higher than a human's. It gripped harder later it'd bruise but he didn't so much as flinch instead looking down at his arm and up to his aunt.

The old hag smirked.

"You cannot leave like this what do you think they'll think of you when you are supposed to be the one to succeed my brother?" Nails digging into the flesh of his wrist, drawing blood. "

He scowled, eyes rolling.

"I couldn't care less about you lot's opinions" he retorted, smirking back. Her gaze darkened and she tsked haughtily at him.

"Brat." she spat the word. "My brother wasn't in his right state of mind to name you leader." she affirmed. "You will cause the downfall of the clan I hope you know it. Nobody will want to follow you. Your cousin here will be a more fitting choice than you."

It's too much he couldn't not keep it bottled. he barked out a laugh, eyes still trained on her but this time a calculative gleam shining within.

He freed himself easily.

"Did you just imply he's senile?" he asked her, arching an eyebrow. "It's a severe accusation, my aunt." wagging a finger at her like a dad would do for a kid, his eyes sparkled with amusement  "Beware it could get you beheaded." His voice dropped
of an octave. Her eyes widened in surprise. he turned to stare at Kibum who held his gaze, stubborn. "Plus I don't know you mean by thus larva being more fitted for this than me. This is not something up to discussion, I'm the next leader, the only one and unless you want to be accused of treason, a crime i ought to remind will not only get you killed but have your entire family exterminate too." He lowered himself slightly until he's close to her ear to mutter.

"I'll think very carefully before trying me." His voice turned stone cold as he
struck her with his final words of warning, a devilish grin bloomed on his face.

His aunt, recoiled as if burned. He stepped back taking in her stunned and wary look. Now she's scared. He scanned around him to see that they're all  shooting him gazes where he could read the fear.

"I'll let you all think about it." and like that he walked out of the door.

   ● ○ ● ○ ●

He waited he'd reached the sleek black car parked infront of the building to unleash his wrath. It'd taken him great efforts not to kill them all then and there. He cursed under his breath before climbing into the backseat of the car

"where Master? asked the chauffeur eyes meeting his through the rearview.

Still pissed off at the entire word, he gave the address of the only person in
the world he knew would understand him.

"Taehyung's." The chauffeur nodded before starting the engine.

He buckled his seatbelt.

"I swear they are going to pay for this and Kibum, the ugly fucker will be the
first one to taste my revenge, i swear." he muttered as the was leaving.