♥️

finn

|same day|

as our main hall meeting was over, we were instructed to go back to our cabins, and strip the beds of sheets and place them in a pile. then grab all of our stuff and meet out by the camp fire with our suitcases.

camp was going to be over. i didn't even really want to go to this camp. but mrs wheeler next door talked my mom into taking me. i'm sure she told other kids. she convinced my mom that sending me here would make me a better person. i hated the thought, but now i don't want to leave.

"grab everything. cause i'm not going to drag your lazy ass back here to get it." jack said as he released the suitcase handle.

"okay okay. fine but, i've been picking up all your sh.t this whole vacation so i wouldn't be talking." i responded rolling my suitcase towards the door.

i scanned the room looking at everything to make sure i didn't leave anything. once i saw i grabbed it all, i turned off the lights and walked out the door.

i met up with natalie, morgan and jack by the campfire. they gave us labels and we placed them on our suitcases, so we knew what was whos. i wrote "finn" in all caps. i'm sure no one else has that name here. it's pretty rare.

"OKAY CAMPERS. camp is over, ending today! i hope you guys had a wonderful time! we really tried our hardest to make your experience wonderful! i hope we succeeded! i hope you guys will take a flyer out by the tables for next year's camp. we would really love to you see you guys again. next year holds, new cabins, main hall re decorated, the lounge will have new games, and much more! thank you guys again for coming, and have a good rest of your summer!" that was our perkiest counselor, dylan. he was always so pumped for everything.

morgan scooted closer to me. trying to reach for my hand. i jerked my hand back trying to avoid that. i swear, this girl doesn't take a hint. as she tried to reach for my hand again i slipped away quickly. she looked up at me and frowned. i looked at her straight faced and scooted over to jack.

i over heard jack asking, "natalie. please tell me you're going to still talk to me after camp?"

"of course, jack. i hope you and finn will come over or we go hang out." she replied.

awh she still wants to hang out with me, outside of camp.

"what about just me and you?" jack asked intertwining their fingers.

oh.

"yes, of course." she responded smiling.

"okay." jack replied smiling. his smile going from ear to ear.