The Four Rules of Arbiters

Ginti snorted as he turned around to pet his cat. "Whatever. At least I can get some free time."  

"Actually, I was thinking we could go watch," Nona proposed while leaving for the elevators. 

Ginti let out a sigh and followed her. When they reached the 15th floor they walked through the corridors together until they caught sight of Decim. He was serving some drinks to the ones that were about to be judged. Ginti rolled his eyes, not understanding the point of being nice to them. Decim looked up at them and gave a greeting nod before walking up to the bar counter.  They walked silently until they reached the place where Decim kept his dummies.

Nona pushed a button and the wall shifted revealing the creepy dolls hanging from the ceiling. Another thing that Ginti didn't understand about the guy. Why Decim felt the need to keep remnants of the criminals thrown into the void was beyond him. 

He and Nona were standing near a window from which they had a clear look to the game that was about to be played. 

"Why did I agree to this?" asked Ginti irritated. "This is going to be boring."

The men stood up from the table and walked towards the bar counter and after a brief conversation with Decim, the wall opened and they barely had time to get out of their sight before the puppets were in plain view. One thing he liked about Decim was that he had interesting persuasion methods. The wall closed after and shortly, one of them pressed the button. 

"Don't be so whiny," replied Nona with a smirk. "This will be interesting."

From his position he couldn't see which game was chosen but he watched as Decim's strings placed a table and a chair with blue and red figurines on top. He realized it was chess. Nothing too entertaining.

He followed the movement of the two strangers and Decim. He noticed the remote in his hand almost immediately and wondered how it will affect the game. It wasn't always the same. Ginti watched as Decim politely explained and answered the questions. Ginti didn't understand how Decim had the patience of dealing with them. 

Afterwards, they started playing the game. For a while nothing happened, but when the brown haired man changed his posture, Ginti could tell that a memory returned to him. He glanced at Decim who still held the remote in his hand, not moving to press any button on it. 

"What is he doing?" Ginti asked.

"What do you mean?" inquired Nona not moving his gaze from the white haired man. Ginti rolled his eyes. 

"You know what I am talking about," he said. "Why isn't he using the remote? The game has gone for long enough."

"I told you that the woman had some sort of impact of him," she said. "He changed somehow. I can't really tell why or what he changed but it's different. I wanted him to have this case so I could find out what is going on with him."

Ginti glanced at Nona who had a thoughtful look on her face. Like she was trying to guess what would happen. 

"If you don't like what you find, will you remove him?" Ginti asked not knowing why he did. He really shouldn't care about Decim. Ginti had his own floor. And he didn't like when others looked into his own business. Why did he do just that?

"I don't know what I will do. Or better said, what he will do," she said and Ginti could tell that the conversation was finished. It didn't interest him, anyway. 

The game continued as more and more memories appeared and Decim refused to complicate the game. 

"I am curious to see his reasoning," Nona said, out of the blue. "Why he didn't complicate the game."