Chapter 11: Straighteners and Life Lessons

Alexis' Pov:

All the boys file into their rooms. I notice Louis hang back a bit, I think he's waiting to talk to Harry. He's been acting quite strange lately. The whole car ride he remained silent, than he seemed to brighten once we got to the hotel, than he turned dark once we got in the elevator. I don't know what's his deal.

Niall follows me to my door. I push the key in, wait for the beep, then pull out the card and open the door. Niall rambles on about some story, but I stop him before he enters my room.

"What?" He seems confused. I grin and push him to the other side of my doorway.

"No boys allowed! I have to get ready for your concert!" I emphasize the word your.

He frowns, "You don't have to be ready for another hour! Can't we talk for a few minutes?"

I roll my eyes, "I promise I will use every second of that hour to get ready." It's true, I have to shower, pick out my outfit, do my makeup, and I usually take over an hour just trying to tame my hair. I wish Leah was here to help me. Leah! I completely forgot about my best friend and my promise to call her as soon as I get here. I make a mental note to call her tonight, after the concert.

"Lex?" Niall questions.

"What?" I respond, returning to reality.

He rolls his eyes at me. "Sorry! What were you saying?" I ask.

"Never mind," He shakes his head. "What were you thinking about just then?"

"Leah," I answer honestly. He nods, his face unreadable.

"I promised I would call her as soon as we get here." I elaborate.

"A little late there Lex," He grins. I laugh.

"No really!" I say in my mocking tone. He laughs.

"I love that voice you do, it's funny." He smiles.

He just stands there, grinning at me.

"What?" I question with a smile playing on my lips.

"Nothing," He smirks. "Well um, I should probably get ready now, you know, for the concert."

I nod. "Yeah me too."

"Well, I'll see you later! Have fun with your hair!"

I laugh, "Bye Niall!" I say as I close the door, careful not to close it on his fingers.

I sigh happily. The car ride home was better than I ever expected. Niall actually had his hands on me, something I only dreamed of for years.

It feels just like old times, only better. Now we're both older, and more mature....ready for a relationship. Atleast I am, I don't know about Niall. Yes he had his hands on my stomach, and he had his arm around me, but both those gestures could be considered friendly right? Maybe Niall isn't ready for a relationship. Maybe he just wants to be friends.

I don't even care, just knowing he wants to spend time with me is elating.

I speed through my shower, not even bothering to shave my legs, even though I really need to. I run my hand up my leg and cringe at how spiky my leg feels. Paul said to meet in the lobby by six, and it's twenty minutes past five.

I pick out my outfit at lightning speed. Being the organized girl that I am, I managed to do a mental scan of the clothes I brought. So I already know what I'm wearing.

Simple jean shorts, a white tank top, and a grey crop top with the British flag on it. I slip my feet into my comfortable keds. I'm finished dressing by 5:25.